2023-2024 Football Realignment

Seybold24

On 10/12/2022 at 8:29 AM, barrel said:

It’s not as hard to schedule as one might think. Also the new field for Scott Co should be ready in the not so distance future. 

The numbers I’ve heard from Scott Co is Great Crossing is around 2k students and Scott Co is around 1100. That puts Scott Co in the typical bubble spot of 5A close to the bottom of enrollment. 

That district could look very different next cycle. 

Great Crossing: expected to move up

Fredrick Douglas: expected to move up

Scott Co: expected to stay 

MoCo: will stay 5A

Grant Co: expected to move down to 4A

Douglas could be interesting because they could be on the bubble of 5A/6A. 

Seems likely Oldham County will have to go to district 5 with FD and GC moving up. 

Looks like Anderson Co Moves up to 5A. 
Looks like Grant Co goes down 4A

Looks like Scott High moves from 5A

With Great Crossing and Douglas moving to 6A 

Whitley Co moves down to 4A

I can see some major shuffling on 5A district 6,7,8. Could see anderson joining  7. Scott high joining 6 and Madison Southern Moving to 8. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

This could end up Being Russell's district for the next few years.

Russell
East Carter
Lewis County
Morgan County
Fleming County

Bath County

I was thinking Lloyd and Pendleton County could get mixed in with this group considering Lloyd was in the same region as a few of these schools years ago. Then again they were also grouped with Mercer and Henry County before too so they could end up there. 

6 minutes ago, TheBearsFavoriteHat said:

I was thinking Lloyd and Pendleton County could get mixed in with this group considering Lloyd was in the same region as a few of these schools years ago. Then again they were also grouped with Mercer and Henry County before too so they could end up there. 

I think that East Carter was a class up when Pendleton was in Russell's district.

2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

South Warren would be doing some traveling since no 6A teams close. How the districts will get changed is most interesting to me.

As the smallest school in the Class 6A draft, if anyone in Class 5A moved up South Warren would have the option to move down. FWIW, Barren County was 5A last time and chose to go up to 6A. That move would probably make a lot of sense again this time around.

50 minutes ago, JellyRoll said:

Etown, Nelson, PT, Taylor and Ashland all look to be moving up to 4A pending 3A request to move up.

John, Etown and Nelson are on the bottom end of 4A size wise.

If given the choice, I could see any of the three of them choosing to drop down if someone else plays up.

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Highlands is the second-smallest school in 5A and Cov Cath is right around the middle of 4A.

Interesting. 

From the outside, it has always seemed like something of an unwritten agreement that they would stay together. I could certainly see Covington Catholic choosing to move up to 5A.

• theguru changed the title to 2023-2024 Football Realignment