2022 Beijing Winter Olympics

Colonels_Wear_Blue

3 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I know I've asked this before, but what do you more value in judging Olympic success? Total medals or total gold medals?

I think total medals for me. If you think about how many people in the world compete in some of these events, Top 3 is pretty damn good, even remarkable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Her defense was the substance entered her body because it was something being given to her grandfather, so by droplets it infiltrated her system. Seriously.

I am still at the same place with "authority," I don't have any confidence, in this case it is the IOC and Russia anything.

From Heroic Girls on Facebook: 

olympics.jpg

On the left is Sha'Carri Richardson, the US sprinter banned from the Olympics after testing positive for marijuana, a recreational drug that is legal in her state.

On the right is Kamila Valieva, who is being allowed to compete in the Olympics after testing positive for steroid use as part of a massive state-run doping ring.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between these two cases. It's white on the tip of my tongue.

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

olympics.jpg

On the left is Sha'Carri Richardson, the US sprinter banned from the Olympics after testing positive for marijuana, a recreational drug that is legal in her state.

On the right is Kamila Valieva, who is being allowed to compete in the Olympics after testing positive for steroid use as part of a massive state-run doping ring.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between these two cases. It's white on the tip of my tongue.

When Sha'Carri's case first surfaced I was sick of hearing about it. You tested positive for something you knew was on a list, period. I don't care if the substance was chocolate milk, if it's on a list you can't have and you test positive then it's your fault. 

After this I hope she speaks out and turns up the volume too. Ridiculous. 

• Like 3

Just now, ChickenWyngz said:

When Sha'Carri's case first surfaced I was sick of hearing about it. You tested positive for something you knew was on a list, period. I don't care if the substance was chocolate milk, if it's on a list you can't have and you test positive then it's your fault. 

After this I hope she speaks out and turns up the volume too. Ridiculous. 

Agree on all counts. 

16 minutes ago, theguru said:

olympics.jpg

As dumb as smoking pot kept her out Tokyo, Richardson was an adult willfully violating the rules. Valieva is a 15 year old kid that was told what to take by a corrupt group of people. She isn't the villain here, Russia is.

• Like 2

Just now, bugatti said:

As dumb as smoking pot kept her out Tokyo, Richardson was an adult willfully violating the rules. Valieva is a 15 year old kid that was told what to take by a corrupt group of people. She isn't the villain here, Russia is.

Agree.

49 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I don't care how the drugs got in her body. The people it isn't fair to are every person competing against her. No proven cheater can be allowed to compete. 

Here is what I see happening with her being allowed to compete. Russia, China and others recruit more kids, load them up with drugs and make sure they hit the Olympics before they are 16 years old.

Here is a headline today from Forbes.com, they quote some powers that be too, all highly critical of the decision to allow Valieva to compete:

‘A Complete Joke’: Figure Skating Community Outraged Over Decision To Let Kamila Valieva Compete In Olympics