Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2022 Beijing Winter Olympics

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I know I've asked this before, but what do you more value in judging Olympic success? Total medals or total gold medals?

I think total medals for me. If you think about how many people in the world compete in some of these events, Top 3 is pretty damn good, even remarkable. 

  • Replies 83
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ChickenWyngz
    ChickenWyngz

    When Sha'Carri's case first surfaced I was sick of hearing about it. You tested positive for something you knew was on a list, period. I don't care if the substance was chocolate milk, if it's on a li

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

  • I will watch a little bit because after all it is the Olympics but my interest is only a fraction of what it was years ago. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Her defense was the substance entered her body because it was something being given to her grandfather, so by droplets it infiltrated her system. Seriously.

I am still at the same place with "authority," I don't have any confidence, in this case it is the IOC and Russia anything.

10 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Her defense was the substance entered her body because it was something being given to her grandfather, so by droplets it infiltrated her system. Seriously.

That sounds like a Bob Baffert excuse. 

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

That sounds like a Bob Baffert excuse. 

I Dont Cheat Bob Baffert GIF - I Dont Cheat Bob Baffert Saturday Night Live GIFs

From Heroic Girls on Facebook: 

olympics.jpg

On the left is Sha'Carri Richardson, the US sprinter banned from the Olympics after testing positive for marijuana, a recreational drug that is legal in her state.

On the right is Kamila Valieva, who is being allowed to compete in the Olympics after testing positive for steroid use as part of a massive state-run doping ring.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between these two cases. It's white on the tip of my tongue.

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

From Heroic Girls on Facebook: 

olympics.jpg

On the left is Sha'Carri Richardson, the US sprinter banned from the Olympics after testing positive for marijuana, a recreational drug that is legal in her state.

On the right is Kamila Valieva, who is being allowed to compete in the Olympics after testing positive for steroid use as part of a massive state-run doping ring.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between these two cases. It's white on the tip of my tongue.

When Sha'Carri's case first surfaced I was sick of hearing about it. You tested positive for something you knew was on a list, period. I don't care if the substance was chocolate milk, if it's on a list you can't have and you test positive then it's your fault. 

After this I hope she speaks out and turns up the volume too. Ridiculous. 

Just now, ChickenWyngz said:

When Sha'Carri's case first surfaced I was sick of hearing about it. You tested positive for something you knew was on a list, period. I don't care if the substance was chocolate milk, if it's on a list you can't have and you test positive then it's your fault. 

After this I hope she speaks out and turns up the volume too. Ridiculous. 

Agree on all counts. 

16 minutes ago, theguru said:

From Heroic Girls on Facebook: 

olympics.jpg

On the left is Sha'Carri Richardson, the US sprinter banned from the Olympics after testing positive for marijuana, a recreational drug that is legal in her state.

On the right is Kamila Valieva, who is being allowed to compete in the Olympics after testing positive for steroid use as part of a massive state-run doping ring.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between these two cases. It's white on the tip of my tongue.

As dumb as smoking pot kept her out Tokyo, Richardson was an adult willfully violating the rules. Valieva is a 15 year old kid that was told what to take by a corrupt group of people. She isn't the villain here, Russia is.

Just now, bugatti said:

As dumb as smoking pot kept her out Tokyo, Richardson was an adult willfully violating the rules. Valieva is a 15 year old kid that was told what to take by a corrupt group of people. She isn't the villain here, Russia is.

Agree.

Russia plays the villain so well. They are a combination of Darth Vader and the worst wrestling heels of all time. They embrace it.

8 minutes ago, bugatti said:

She isn't the villain here, Russia is.

Drago GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

49 minutes ago, bugatti said:

As dumb as smoking pot kept her out Tokyo, Richardson was an adult willfully violating the rules. Valieva is a 15 year old kid that was told what to take by a corrupt group of people. She isn't the villain here, Russia is.

I don't care how the drugs got in her body. The people it isn't fair to are every person competing against her. No proven cheater can be allowed to compete. 

 Here is what I see happening with her being allowed to compete. Russia, China and others recruit more kids, load them up with drugs and make sure they hit the Olympics before they are 16 years old.

Here is a headline today from Forbes.com, they quote some powers that be too, all highly critical of the decision to allow Valieva to compete:

‘A Complete Joke’: Figure Skating Community Outraged Over Decision To Let Kamila Valieva Compete In Olympics

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

I know I've asked this before, but what do you more value in judging Olympic success? Total medals or total gold medals?

I want both haha!

But if I can only choose one, I think total medal count is better.

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I want both haha!

But if I can only choose one, I think total medal count is better.

That is how I've always felt, but the team with the most golds is always listed at the top.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.