7v7 Tournaments

17 hours ago, ACfan4 said:

Taylor County hosted a 7 on 7 Tournament today with 16 teams including Central Hardin, South Warren, Larue County, North Hardin, Western Hills, Harlan County, Bell County, and Adair County. North Hardin defeated Adair County in the finals. 

Exactly my point on these 7x7 does anyone believe Adair Co is better than Central Hardin, South Warren or Bell Co. Nothing against Adair Co but I think you have to take these 7x7 with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Quarterfinals

Collins Hill (GA) vs. Walton (GA)

Hoover (AL) vs. Greenville (SC)

Christian Brothers (MO) vs. Spain Park (AL)

Madison-Ridgeland (MS) vs. Male 

Collins Hill is the overall top seed and Male is the lowest seeded team left.

Madison - Ridgeland is #7 team in Mississippi according to Cal preps ratings.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tigerpride94 said:

Madison - Ridgeland is #7 team in Mississippi according to Cal preps ratings.

Update #3 from Hoover: Male was sent packing in the quarters. Madison-Ridgeland won going away. Good showing by the Dawgs against a loaded field.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Exactly my point on these 7x7 does anyone believe Adair Co is better than Central Hardin, South Warren or Bell Co. Nothing against Adair Co but I think you have to take these 7x7 with a grain of salt.

I agree.  A lot changes when you add linemen and also the possibility of running the ball.  A lot of times, not everyone plays either or often times, backups get a lot of reps as well, which is needed, where they wouldn't necessarily in a regular season game.  7v7, in my opinion, helps with timing and also some team bonding....that's about it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

I agree.  A lot changes when you add linemen and also the possibility of running the ball.  A lot of times, not everyone plays either or often times, backups get a lot of reps as well, which is needed, where they wouldn't necessarily in a regular season game.  7v7, in my opinion, helps with timing and also some team bonding....that's about it.

I agree with this 100%.  7 on 7 is good for team bonding, timing and getting reps against kids that are normally better than your 1's see in practice.  It's a chance to see kids compete and have fun.  But, it really has no indication on how successful your team will be with pads on.

4 hours ago, Pick-six said:

To early to tell about that!  Plus, I don’t really put a lot of stock in 7 on 7’s.  

I don't put much stock either. You can't do anything without the help of the offensive and defensive lines. 7 on 7 pretty much is for pass accuracy between quarterback and receivers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

I agree totally  and I’m all for these tournaments I think they’re great practice, but I just don’t get to distracted by who’s winning and losing.

Collins Hill ended up winning the Hoover 7on7. Their quarterback is a top 10 prospect in the country at that position and committed to Missouri. His primary target is a top 5 overall prospect nationally in the class of '22, who is being recruited as a cornerback but also plays receiver. A pitch and catch combo that good is hard to stop in these passing tournaments.