Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Update from the Hoover Hustle Up 7on7 in Alabama: Male, Highlands, and Douglass all won their first round games of the tournament this morning. The next round should be coming up shortly.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree it has zero indication of how good your team will do. But 7v7 does give your passing game/pass defense a chance to compete and work on technique in a competitive environment. The QB gets a chanc

Russell won Raceland's 7v7, beating the host Rams in the semifinals and West Carter for the championship. 

Haha!

Posted Images

Update #2 from Hoover: Male defeated the tournament's #2 seed Gibson Southern (IN) to advance to the quarterfinals. Douglass was eliminated by Christian Brothers (MO) and Highlands lost to Hoover.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarterfinals

Collins Hill (GA) vs. Walton (GA)

Hoover (AL) vs. Greenville (SC)

Christian Brothers (MO) vs. Spain Park (AL)

Madison-Ridgeland (MS) vs. Male 

Collins Hill is the overall top seed and Male is the lowest seeded team left.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ACfan4 said:

Taylor County hosted a 7 on 7 Tournament today with 16 teams including Central Hardin, South Warren, Larue County, North Hardin, Western Hills, Harlan County, Bell County, and Adair County. North Hardin defeated Adair County in the finals. 

Exactly my point on these 7x7 does anyone believe Adair Co is better than Central Hardin, South Warren or Bell Co. Nothing against Adair Co but I think you have to take these 7x7 with a grain of salt.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Quarterfinals

Collins Hill (GA) vs. Walton (GA)

Hoover (AL) vs. Greenville (SC)

Christian Brothers (MO) vs. Spain Park (AL)

Madison-Ridgeland (MS) vs. Male 

Collins Hill is the overall top seed and Male is the lowest seeded team left.

Madison - Ridgeland is #7 team in Mississippi according to Cal preps ratings.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tigerpride94 said:

Madison - Ridgeland is #7 team in Mississippi according to Cal preps ratings.

Update #3 from Hoover: Male was sent packing in the quarters. Madison-Ridgeland won going away. Good showing by the Dawgs against a loaded field.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bowling Green defeated Bullitt East 35-22 and then Madisonville 39-11 in the BotW tournament, then fell to Hopkinsville in the semifinals (can’t find the score).

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Exactly my point on these 7x7 does anyone believe Adair Co is better than Central Hardin, South Warren or Bell Co. Nothing against Adair Co but I think you have to take these 7x7 with a grain of salt.

I agree.  A lot changes when you add linemen and also the possibility of running the ball.  A lot of times, not everyone plays either or often times, backups get a lot of reps as well, which is needed, where they wouldn't necessarily in a regular season game.  7v7, in my opinion, helps with timing and also some team bonding....that's about it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

I agree.  A lot changes when you add linemen and also the possibility of running the ball.  A lot of times, not everyone plays either or often times, backups get a lot of reps as well, which is needed, where they wouldn't necessarily in a regular season game.  7v7, in my opinion, helps with timing and also some team bonding....that's about it.

I agree with this 100%.  7 on 7 is good for team bonding, timing and getting reps against kids that are normally better than your 1's see in practice.  It's a chance to see kids compete and have fun.  But, it really has no indication on how successful your team will be with pads on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pick-six said:

To early to tell about that!  Plus, I don’t really put a lot of stock in 7 on 7’s.  

I don't put much stock either. You can't do anything without the help of the offensive and defensive lines. 7 on 7 pretty much is for pass accuracy between quarterback and receivers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

I assume Fleming and Mason will be the main two in the hunt in that District unless something has changed.

Should be but you never know with high school kids!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

I agree.  A lot changes when you add linemen and also the possibility of running the ball.  A lot of times, not everyone plays either or often times, backups get a lot of reps as well, which is needed, where they wouldn't necessarily in a regular season game.  7v7, in my opinion, helps with timing and also some team bonding....that's about it.

I agree totally  and I’m all for these tournaments I think they’re great practice, but I just don’t get to distracted by who’s winning and losing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Collins Hill ended up winning the Hoover 7on7. Their quarterback is a top 10 prospect in the country at that position and committed to Missouri. His primary target is a top 5 overall prospect nationally in the class of '22, who is being recruited as a cornerback but also plays receiver. A pitch and catch combo that good is hard to stop in these passing tournaments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.