Foul or no foul? State Championship Edition

Agree with the Consensus. Terrible no call!! 

BUT... back in the day, our coach would always say, "Don't allow the refs to take (or give) the game from you.  Do your job and it should not be a close game".

Free throws:     MC 10-17 SH 6-8

Turnovers:        MC 16  SH 11

Points off TO:  MC 8  SH 17

I did not watch the game to see how it was officiated.  Yes, the no call is huge at the end of the game but the Lady Marshalls should not have allowed it to be that close.

Congratulations to the Valkyries on a hard earned Championship.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2021 at 9:59 AM, FB Head said:

Agree with the Consensus. Terrible no call!! 

BUT... back in the day, our coach would always say, "Don't allow the refs to take (or give) the game from you.  Do your job and it should not be a close game".

Free throws:     MC 10-17 SH 6-8

Turnovers:        MC 16  SH 11

Points off TO:  MC 8  SH 17

I did not watch the game to see how it was officiated.  Yes, the no call is huge at the end of the game but the Lady Marshalls should not have allowed it to be that close.

Congratulations to the Valkyries on a hard earned Championship.

None of those stats really matter, though, as far as the no-call is concerned. Doesn’t matter if Marshall County was 0/20 from the foul line they still had this game within 2 points with seconds remaining and a chance to win or tie. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Professor said:

None of those stats really matter, though, as far as the no-call is concerned. Doesn’t matter if Marshall County was 0/20 from the foul line they still had this game within 2 points with seconds remaining and a chance to win or tie. 

Concerning the call, the first sentence answered the question. 100% agree it was a foul.  I was just making a point on the outcome of the game.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 2:53 PM, ColonelMike said:

They decide the game in all 32 minutes by HOW they use the whistle.   If you're not going to use it at the end, don't use it at all.   A foul is a foul is a foul - anytime during the 32 minutes of the game.

I have the greatest respect for the officials....but not blowing the whistle "decides the game" just as much as blowing the whistle does....

EXACTLY how I felt for 39 years of coaching!!

• Like 2

On 4/14/2021 at 3:20 PM, The Professor said:

It was definitely a foul. Really don’t understand that not being called with so much on the line, a state championship. If it was an iffy call it would have  been different but that one was completely obvious in my opinion. 

Again, exactly how I felt for 39 years!!

I didn't watch or attend the game and have only watched the videos.  I'm curious as to which official blew the whistle.  I'm assuming it was the male ref who handled the inbound.  After handing the ball he backs up further into the back court.  That meant that none of the 3 officials were within 30 feet of the play.  I believe they were all where they should have been but the distance probably played a factor in the no call.