Elizabethtown 69 Ballard 53 (Sweet 16® Semifinal)

Pretty impressive win for the Panthers, to say the least.  Proving to be a handful for anyone.  Good for them.  I’m originally from that area, and E-town was the rival - couldn’t imagine cheering for those uppity folks under any circumstances! Heh.  Now, it’s funny, none of that matters anymore and I found myself hoping they wouldn’t cough up that lead.  A function of years, I suppose.

Just looked at Ballard’s roster, and they get just about everyone back, plus Jack Edelin will presumably return.  They will be loaded for bear.

• Like 2

E'town scoring: Franklin (19), Murphy (13), Khia Sherrard (13), Kam Sherrard (13), Williams (11)

Ballard got 14 points and 15 boards from Bar. Marrero added 13. Sisk, Ballard's leading scorer at 19 ppg, had a game to forget - 3 points/3 turnovers/4 fouls.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mojocat said:

Pretty impressive win for the Panthers, to say the least.  Proving to be a handful for anyone.  Good for them.  I’m originally from that area, and E-town was the rival - couldn’t imagine cheering for those uppity folks under any circumstances.  Now, it’s funny, none of that matters anymore and I found myself hoping they wouldn’t cough up that lead.  A function of years, I suppose.

Just looked at Ballard’s roster, and they get just about everyone back, plus Jack Edelin will presumably return.  They will be loaded for bear.

Ballard should be loaded but I was surprised to learn that their last state championship was in 1999. I know it's tough to win state but it seems that the Bruins should've won at least one since 1999.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mojocat said:

Pretty impressive win for the Panthers, to say the least.  Proving to be a handful for anyone.  Good for them.  I’m originally from that area, and E-town was the rival - couldn’t imagine cheering for those uppity folks under any circumstances.  Now, it’s funny, none of that matters anymore and I found myself hoping they wouldn’t cough up that lead.  A function of years, I suppose.

Most of us get sweeter when we get older. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

Ballard should be loaded but I was surprised to learn that their last state championship was in 1999. I know it's tough to win state but it seems that the Bruins should've won at least one since 1999.

IMO, Ballard has had the best team several times (2010, 2013, 2021) and hasn't gotten it done.  

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I think I’ve said “X team” will win the state championship every day this week and each time that team has been eliminated. For the sake of everyone remaining I’m not going to pick anymore winners. 

You could practically hear the collective sigh of relief from the Highlands and Ashland locker rooms just now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mojocat said:

Pretty impressive win for the Panthers, to say the least.  Proving to be a handful for anyone.  Good for them.  I’m originally from that area, and E-town was the rival - couldn’t imagine cheering for those uppity folks under any circumstances! Heh.  Now, it’s funny, none of that matters anymore and I found myself hoping they wouldn’t cough up that lead.  A function of years, I suppose.

Would not be so sure on Edelin being there next year from the rumors I have heard. 

• Thanks 1