Who’s going to be the 4th team in the playoff?

GrantNKY

3 minutes ago, Pi said:

Nor are you getting in with 12 of them. A G5 team isn't going. Period. 

I am not going that far, if it goes to eight there is a legit shot. But no way in hell this year was it happening with abbreviated schedules when all of your foes are (generally) against your own conference.

Just now, GrantNKY said:

Yes that’s a perfectly reasonable for 2 games to make that big difference of a difference in SOS 

No it's not. 

Who you picking in these matchups?

Arkansas vs. Austin Peay

Auburn vs. Army

Tennessee vs. South Florida

Alabama vs. SMU

Kentucky vs. Memphis

Florida vs Houston

Mississippi State vs. East Carolina

South Carolina vs. Central Florida

Missouri vs. Tulsa

20 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I am not going that far, if it goes to eight there is a legit shot. But no way in hell this year was it happening with abbreviated schedules when all of your foes are (generally) against your own conference.

I think that is the main reason they dropped UC to 9 this week. The committee can now say there is no reason to go to 8 to include a G5 schools. The strategy isn't hard to figure out. And I hope no one thinks the amount of teams will increase just because. Right now the conferences reveive 24 million to divy up. Until the money goes up the amount of teams isn't going to. 

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

As for the committee rankings, I think the committee should only rank Power 5 conference teams. The purpose for their ranking is setting the top 4 for the playoffs. They have made it clear they are only considering P5 teams for the playoffs. Why are they including non P5 teams in their rankings?

To give them something to talk about other than the same 4-6 teams all the time. 

10 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

As for the committee rankings, I think the committee should only rank Power 5 conference teams. The purpose for their ranking is setting the top 4 for the playoffs. They have made it clear they are only considering P5 teams for the playoffs. Why are they including non P5 teams in their rankings?

Is there a ranking requirement to make one of the main bowls as an at-large?

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

No it's not. 

Who you picking in these matchups?

Arkansas vs. Austin Peay

Auburn vs. Army

Tennessee vs. South Florida

Alabama vs. SMU

Kentucky vs. Memphis

Florida vs Houston

Mississippi State vs. East Carolina

South Carolina vs. Central Florida

Missouri vs. Tulsa

Arkansas, Army, Tennessee, Alabama, Memphis, Florida, Miss State, UCF, Tulsa. 4-4. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

UCF and Tulsa are the only winners in that group. And outside this particular discussion, you'd say the same. 

I mean you also matched them up week by week so SMU had to face Bama. SMU, UCF, and Tulsa are as good as anyone on this list besides Bama and Florida. Army is also a good team that could upset anyone on that list besides Bama and Florida. 

3 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

I mean you also matched them up week by week so SMU had to face Bama. SMU, UCF, and Tulsa are as good as anyone on this list besides Bama and Florida. Army is also a good team that could upset anyone on that list besides Bama and Florida. 

Agree to disagree. 

Basically based off these last rankings. Notre Dame and Bama are in no matter how they do in their conference title games. Texas A&M will get in if Clemson or OSU were to slip up and lose. If both Clemson and OSU lose, then it could be interesting to see who gets in  

This would have been the perfect year to try the 8 team playoff to see how it would have worked.