Who’s going to be the 4th team in the playoff?

GrantNKY

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Basically based off these last rankings. Notre Dame and Bama are in no matter how they do in their conference title games. Texas A&M will get in if Clemson or OSU were to slip up and lose. If both Clemson and OSU lose, then it could be interesting to see who gets in  

This would have been the perfect year to try the 8 team playoff to see how it would have worked. 

Honestly, after the Florida "move" this week, I think they've set themselves up to justify a 2-loss Clemson team.  Sure, they may drop to number four (if Ohio State ends up winning), but their 2 losses would be to the same team, and one of them was without their starting QB.

If Clemson and Ohio State both win, I think they'll do whatever it takes to "arrange" things so that Clemson v. ND III doesn't take place just two weeks later.  Whether that's moving Clemson to 1 and ND to 3, or Clemson to 2 and ND to 4, I don't know.  But, if ND drops 2 spots, they'll be able to use the Florida situation in their argument.  And they'd probably be right.

15 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Honestly, after the Florida "move" this week, I think they've set themselves up to justify a 2-loss Clemson team.  Sure, they may drop to number four (if Ohio State ends up winning), but their 2 losses would be to the same team, and one of them was without their starting QB.

This is exactly why I was saying Clemson is probably getting in regardless if they lose this weekend or not. 

1 hour ago, Tones said:

Does Clemson get in over A&M with a loss?

If Clemson loses to the #2 team in the nation...why should they drop more spots than Florida did this past week, when they lost to a below .500 team?  To me, that's the whole reason why Florida only dropped one spot...to become a precedent.

And considering how Clemson's first loss came about (situation/location/score)...as long as they don't get their doors blown off in the rematch...it won't come back to haunt them.  They're in.

Only way A&M could get in would be to play and beat OSU or Bama...and since the first part of that won't happen...it's a moot point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I think so, Bama wrecked A&M and Bama is even better now.

How many teams in the top 10 would you take on a neutral field over A&M? I’d take 8. The teams ranked 5 and 6 may be the worst 2 teams in the top 10. I’d take the top 4 over A&M. I’d take UGA and now UF over A&M. Now that Oklahoma has figured it out I’d take them over A&M. Iowa State and UC are the only ones I think A&M could beat. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

OSU has new positive tests.  A few prominent starters will be out vs. NW.

I mean I’ve heard a single positive test. You hearing more positives than that one prominent starter or contact tracing? 

58 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

I mean I’ve heard a single positive test. You hearing more positives than that one prominent starter or contact tracing? 

I’m hearing multiple positives, but only 1 key guy so far, I’m sure you know who.  Just need to see if they are releasing 100% of the info so far.