Who’s going to be the 4th team in the playoff?

GrantNKY

Its going to be OSU's worst nightmare. Clemson wins, Notre Dame drops to 4 and the Woody Hays punch curse continues in the semi finals. And honestly I predict a ND and Clemson final. ND can beat Bama, SEC is the weakest its been in 40 years. I love how everyone hates Dabo by the way. If your head coach is not hated by other fan bases it means your trophy case is dusty.

Bama

Clemson (beats ND by a TD)

OSU

Notre Dame (still gets in)

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Its going to be OSU's worst nightmare. Clemson wins, Notre Dame drops to 4 and the Woody Hays punch curse continues in the semi finals. And honestly I predict a ND and Clemson final. ND can beat Bama, SEC is the weakest its been in 40 years. I love how everyone hates Dabo by the way. If your head coach is not hated by other fan bases it means your trophy case is dusty.

Bama

Clemson (beats ND by a TD)

OSU

Notre Dame (still gets in)

As an OSU fan, I can assuredly say playing Clemson is definitely not our worst nightmare for the playoffs. I get our past performances against Clemson are something, but give me Clemson in the first round over Bama every day of the week. 

1 minute ago, GrantNKY said:

As an OSU fan, I can assuredly say playing Clemson is definitely not our worst nightmare for the playoffs. I get our past performances against Clemson are something, but give me Clemson in the first round over Bama every day of the week. 

Logic would say that yes. If OSU looses to Clemson again in football though it is officially a voodoo cosmic thing going back to the punch.

On 12/14/2020 at 9:36 AM, GrantNKY said:

You would take a team that got their doors blown off twice? Yikes.

Losing by 17 to Alabama and 16 to Florida is better than beating a bunch of nobody’s.  At least they played a competitive schedule. I would take UGA beating Cincinnati anytime! And they look a whole lot better with Daniels at QB than Bennett. 

6 minutes ago, FootballBobcat said:

Losing by 17 to Alabama and 16 to Florida is better than beating a bunch of nobody’s.  At least they played a competitive schedule. I would take UGA beating Cincinnati anytime! And they look a whole lot better with Daniels at QB than Bennett. 

I am not so sure. Who has Georgia beat? Do they have any wins over a ranked team?

13 minutes ago, FootballBobcat said:

You sound like a caller in to Paawwwlll. Winning is always better than losing. 

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I am not so sure. Who has Georgia beat? Do they have any wins over a ranked team?

I’ll help you, nobody. They got their doors blown off by the only 2 good teams they played. They’ve looked way better since JT came in, but he hasn’t played against a good opponent yet. It’s the same regurgitated argument from SEC fans. They played a tougher schedule, but at the end of the day you still got destroyed by the good teams on your schedule so it doesn’t really matter. 

25 minutes ago, Walter said:

UC at #9 this week is a joke. 

Florida loses to a terrible LSU team and only falls one spot. 

UC would beat Iowa State by double digits. And Georgia has done nothing to be ranked ahead of UC.

I agree UC is getting jobbed on their ranking. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

The top four now are the four that are getting in. Alabama is in regardless. ND is in regardless. Clemson is in with a win and likely still in even with a second loss. OSU isn’t losing to Northwestern.

I’m not sure there’s any argument for Clemson if they lose again to ND. They have zero ranked wins. 

UC makes zero sense at 9 at all. Florida loses to a bad LSU team and drops a spot. UC doesn’t play and drops a spot. How on earth is that possible? Also Iowa State? They got beat by double digits to Louisiana. Louisiana is a good G5 team, but come on. Is a team that lost two games and by double figures to a G5 school really 2 spots away from being in the playoff? That’s scary. If they moved USC up to 6 at least there would be an explanation because they are undefeated. But USC at 14 and Iowa State at 6 makes zero sense. 

2 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

UC makes zero sense at 9 at all. Florida loses to a bad LSU team and drops a spot. UC doesn’t play and drops a spot. How on earth is that possible? Also Iowa State? They got beat by double digits to Louisiana. Louisiana is a good G5 team, but come on. Is a team that lost two games and by double figures to a G5 school really 2 spots away from being in the playoff? That’s scary. If they moved USC up to 6 at least there would be an explanation because they are undefeated. But USC at 14 and Iowa State at 6 makes zero sense. 

What is UC’s record if they play the schedule of any of the eight teams in front of them?