3a fan rankings for fun.

mhighfield

Originally posted by Mtnfootballfan

Even if the AP poll is unreliable (which it isn't), you would still think it would be unreliable both directions with NKy teams, that is they would overrate some of them and underrate others. For the AP IN EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE to have NKy teams rated equal to (Highlands) or MUCH LOWER LOWER THAN BGP (all other NKy teams) means that either AP has a negative bias toward NKy teams or BGP has a positive bias toward NKy teams, or it is all just a HUGE coincidence. Which do you believe??? It's clear to me which it is...

Mtnfootballfan, you do realize that voters in the AP poll gave Adair County votes in both the 3A poll and the 2A poll.

These guys don't even know which class the teams are in.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Oldbird

Mtnfootballfan, you do realize that voters in the AP poll gave Adair County votes in both the 3A poll and the 2A poll.

These guys don't even know which class the teams are in.

You didn't address my point. Say they are dumb. How are they dumb to the detriment of NKy teams IN EVERY INSTANCE???

Originally posted by Mtnfootballfan

You didn't address my point. Say they are dumb. How are they dumb to the detriment of NKy teams IN EVERY INSTANCE???

Well if they don't know football, then they probably don't know good football either. :D

Old Bird,

Bell played Rock ALOT closer than Highlands. Rock still was the better team, but Bell made 2 costly fumbles and had an int returned for a TD. They still kept it close til halfway thru the 3rd qtr. Also the 1st game was 14-7 with Bell the ball late in the game with a chance to tie. So atleast Rock, Bell, Ashland, and definitly Rock were as good and prolly better than the big north region schools. Look for that to be the same this year.

Also the Sheldon Clark game wasnt even close at the start of the 4th qtr.

Originally posted by Log Mountain Boy

Old Bird,

Bell played Rock ALOT closer than Highlands. Rock still was the better team, but Bell made 2 costly fumbles and had an int returned for a TD. They still kept it close til halfway thru the 3rd qtr. Also the 1st game was 14-7 with Bell the ball late in the game with a chance to tie. So atleast Rock, Bell, Ashland, and definitly Rock were as good and prolly better than the big north region schools. Look for that to be the same this year.

Agree 100%...

Old Bird,

Also the Sheldon Clark game wasnt even close at the start of the 4th qtr.

Excellent post. The point that I was trying to make to Oldbird about Sheldon Clark is that they were a young team and gave Bell County a pretty good playoff game on the road. Their returning players, plus their drop to 2A this season should have placed them a little higher in the BGP preseason rankings. I am glad to see Bell County off to such a good start.

I still don't know what the halftime score was for last season's match-up between Bell County and Sheldon Clark, but Coach Hilton was either being a very gracious winner, or he thought the Cards had put up a good fight.

While Ashland cruised in the first round, Bell County drew a tougher assignment. The Bobcats got past Sheldon Clark 29-21 after holding a 22-point lead with less than six minutes remaining. "We had more of a rough time,'' Hilton said. "Their quarterback (Nathan Moore) came back from an injury. We didn't expect him to play, but they had him wearing a different number. He was 16-for-22 passing and had several nice runs.''

My recollection is that Sheldon Clark held their own for a half, with Bell County dominating the third and most of the fourth quarter, before the Cards rallied to close the gap late. Maybe Bell County was never in any serious trouble in the game, but I thought that Nathan Moore and the junior-dominated Cards put up a respectable fight. I didn't realize that the Bell County game was Moore's first game back after being sidelined with a fracture.

So atleast Rock, Bell, Ashland, and definitly Rock were as good and prolly better than the big north region schools. Look for that to be the same this year.

That's true ... if you assume that Rockcastle was really 39 points better than Highlands ... I think any reasonable fan would dispute that.

Yes, Rockcastle beat Highlands like a drum that night, but it was a fluke ... one of those crazy happenings that makes sports so fun and unpredictable. But it seems some fans with an agenda are trying to milk it for more than its worth.

This year ... that remains to be seen. I'll believe it when I see it.

Originally posted by westsider

That's true ... if you assume that Rockcastle was really 39 points better than Highlands ... I think any reasonable fan would dispute that.

Yes, Rockcastle beat Highlands like a drum that night, but it was a fluke ... one of those crazy happenings that makes sports so fun and unpredictable. But it seems some fans with an agenda are trying to milk it for more than its worth.

This year ... that remains to be seen. I'll believe it when I see it.

I swear I cannot believe someone is disputing the fact about what the score said. I mean c'mon I usually agree with you on 90% of the things and sometime just joke around with you about the others but this was out of line IMO. HHS even called a TO with 1 second remaining to punch the ball in on Rock's JV team from the 1 yard line. Rock was really 45 points better that night if you want to be technical.

HHS couldn't run left, they couldn't run right or up the middle, nor could they throw the ball. This is due to time management and total focus.

Rock still had that eerie 2000 loss in their eye and Rock had every single offensive play HHS had down pat. Even in the 4th quarter when the JV played for Rock on offense, they were asked by their coaches "who's offense do you want to run, our's or Highlands" because the JV (scout team) knew their offense so well after scouting them. Rock knew every single play before it was coming and it showed. Not one reverse or trick play worked, they were all over it, before HHS could blink.

*Wait blame it on the field I'm sure. Let's remember both times Rock has beaten a NKY school twice it was blamed on wet fields, cry me a river. Both teams had to play on it and not too mention Rock's field wasn't in bad shape against HHS last season. Plenty of grass just bare along the 20's. I'm sure a tape or photo could be found to prove such a thing.

I mean why can't a team even get credit for beating a historic team such as HHS that badly? That was probably the worse beating they ever took in an entire game.

I would like to know why you thought it was a FLUKE?

I would be happy to send you a copy if I could round one up somewhere of the game and let you review it for yourself and you'll see the same thing everyother HHS fan that was there saw:

Complete and Total Domination!

Perhaps you misunderstood me, 3wishes ... I'm not saying that Rockcastle beating Highlands was a fluke. I'm saying the lopsided margin of victory was ... you could never convince me that Rockcastle was really, on any given night, 39 or 45 points better than the Bluebirds.

Yes, that night they were, but ... Highlands obviously had a horrible night. Rockcastle obviously had a terrific night. Nothing any of us could say would change that.

Nine times out of 10, though, I bet the game is much closer.

Nine times out of 10, I bet the game is much closer.

Sorry but I must still disagree, last year Rock knew every aspect of their gameplan and *Rock had the superior athletes as well.

*Never thought I'd ever get to say that one but I finally realized that after the season was over how good that bunch that graduated really was.

I understand your point ... but 39 points?

You really think that would be a typical result?

If not more, at least 3 td's 7 out of 10 times.

Hey HHS had a 3 man defensive front when Rock had 2 TE's and 3 RB's in the backfield going Power I, I mean c'mon at least try to stop us from running. Things like that showed me that they were not prepared. So with an explosive team that Rock had last season, I don't see any reason they couldn't score almost at will.

Rockcastle owned the los on both sides of the ball in the HHS game last year, that IMO was the difference. Personally, I think highlands probably had more athletes but were outmanned so bad up front it didn't matter. I think had the game been on turf Highlands may have been able to make it interesting but we will never know. In all fairness I do think the mud had an effect on the margin but not necessarily the outcome.