3a fan rankings for fun.

mhighfield

it all fun though but seriously bty dec the best team will win it all and well see where there could be #1 or not even top 10 but thats doubtful but still whomever wins it there fans will have the bragging rights then.i mean i love my royals but personally dont care where anyone ranks them because that means nothing if they go 15-0 .so rankings are just for fun .

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by CoachCarrier

1. Boyle (until beaten)

2. Rockcastle Co (until beaten by someone other than Boyle Co)

3. Hoptown

4. P.T.

5. Highlands

6. Mason

7. East Jessamine

8. Lex Cath

9. Bowling Green

10.Bell Co

I was wondering when someone was going to mention E.Jessamine...

Originally posted by CoachCarrier

Not Really Rock is 40-4 the last 3 years . But I still think both P.T. and Hoptown are and where better than Highlands this and last year!

CC

Hopkinsville was also way better than Rockcastle the past two years if you look at how the games between them and Boyle went as well as people who saw both of them play (other than the Rockcastle County faithful). However, you still have Rockcastle ranked 2, because they were the best team in the East.

Be consistent. If you are going to rank the 3A teams on how they finished last year and you have Rockcastle ahead of Hopkinsville. Then Highlands should be ahead of PT. It has nothing to do with who is better it has everything to do with consistency. :thumb:

Originally posted by theguru

Mtnfootballfan,

Help me out, what quality teams did Pikeville beat last year?

Also, according to the LIT and Cantrall Ratings at the end of the season last year here is how Pikeville and Lloyd compared to each other:

LIT: Pikeville 66.1 Lloyd 88.9

Cantrall: 50.4 Lloyd 63.8

Pikeville wax Lloyd? Surely you jest?

I am sure there was a bias in both of the power ratings too. We all know how those computes are out to get everyone just like in Terminator.:banana:

==============

HE,

We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

==============

lcfan,

You mention not winning a championship. When was the last time LC was even in the finals? How about the last time they were in the semi-finals?

Lloyd did beat Beechwood last year, I forgot...but out of the last 15 years Pikeville would beat Lloyd 12 or 13...Pikeville wasn't great last year, but Pikeville football is like UT football - UT went 8-5 and went to a bowl last year but it was a crisis situation for their fans...and as for ratings, Cantrall has a northern bias and Pikeville had a lot of teams blown out early last year and they take it easy on teams, which the computer doesn't acknowledge...for instance, they beat Clay Co. 60-0, and that was the score AT HALFTIME...

Let's break this jibberish down, shall we?

Originally posted by Mtnfootballfan

Lloyd did beat Beechwood last year, I forgot...but out of the last 15 years Pikeville would beat Lloyd 12 or 13

At least Lloyd has beaten Beechwood since the 1980s ...

Pikeville wasn't great last year, but Pikeville football is like UT football - UT went 8-5 and went to a bowl last year but it was a crisis situation for their fans

Yeah, and some of their fans are just as irrational as UT fans ... bet I could name at least one.

and as for ratings, Cantrall has a northern bias and Pikeville had a lot of teams blown out early last year and they take it easy on teams, which the computer doesn't acknowledge...for instance, they beat Clay Co. 60-0, and that was the score AT HALFTIME...

Mayfield plays people like Paducah Tilghman and Hopkinsville, Beechwood rumbles with such powerhouses as Covington Catholic and Highlands, Danville takes on anybody that will sign a contract ... and you're tooting Pikeville's horn for blowing out Clay County ...

No wonder Pikeville hasn't done anything lately.

Originally posted by westsider

Let's break this jibberish down, shall we?

At least Lloyd has beaten Beechwood since the 1980s ...

Yeah, and some of their fans are just as irrational as UT fans ... bet I could name at least one.

Mayfield plays people like Paducah Tilghman and Hopkinsville, Beechwood rumbles with such powerhouses as Covington Catholic and Highlands, Danville takes on anybody that will sign a contract ... and you're tooting Pikeville's horn for blowing out Clay County ...

No wonder Pikeville hasn't done anything lately.

I was making a point about computer rankings...:rolleyes:

And Pikeville has done more than 99% of the programs out there...as well as a top ten academic school...

And, like most people know, they will play anyone, any time...

Westsider....SHEEESH:creepy:

By the way, if you're going to call someone's post "gibberish", at least spell it right.:laugh:

Bell is not getting alot of respect. They have a super tailback in Shawn Robbins and a fullback that's pritty good (John Brumbach), ask Middlesboro about him. No disrespect to Middlesboro but i guarantee you they weren't worried about Brumbach and he hurt 'em. I hope there isn't alot of talk about Bell, cause come late November there's gonna be alot of talk.

I was making a point about computer rankings...:rolleyes:

And Pikeville has done more than 99% of the programs out there...as well as a top ten academic school...

And, like most people know, they will play anyone, any time...

Funny that the only people that gripe about computer ratings are the fans of the teams whose teams usually fatten up on weak schedules.

Anyone, anytime ... then why was Clay County on the schedule?

Finally, we're not talking academics here, or history ... what has Pikeville done since 1989 to set them apart from the other 99%?

Originally posted by Oldbird

Hopkinsville was also way better than Rockcastle the past two years if you look at how the games between them and Boyle

OB, some teams match up better than others.

Can you not admit that?

If Rock was to play a HopTown team that passed the ball maybe 10 times in their final 4 games, then IMO there wouldn't be much yardage to gain for them.

Even against Boyle County last year the Rockets might have given up 100 yards of rushing, I'll try and check on that but it may not even be that much. Teams have never ever ran the ball on the Rock with consistency, even the 91' Danville team way back when had trouble and barely snuck a victory out on Rockcastle County. Back to my point HopTown couldn't throw the ball at the end of last season, if they could then they sure didn't do it. I'm not saying either one was the better because it will never be solved. After Rock blasted Highlands, everyone thought well anyteam in the Final 4 was capable of doing that. But no one will ever know that either, because Rock made the clock run on HHS for the first time in their history.

Did you see both teams play last year against another team besides Boyle County?

Rock rode back to back rides to the carpet defeating 2 NKY schools. I'm happy that at least that fact will always remain. It gave other schools in our area and part of the state something to shoot for. The seniors are now 42-4 in their career.

Originally posted by westsider

Funny that the only people that gripe about computer ratings are the fans of the teams whose teams usually fatten up on weak schedules.

Anyone, anytime ... then why was Clay County on the schedule?

Finally, we're not talking academics here, or history ... what has Pikeville done since 1989 to set them apart from the other 99%?

Westsider, you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Look who Pikeville has played in the Pike County Bowl every year.

Look who they schedule for non-district games. Lawrence Co., Belfry, and Prestonsburg this year. They play teams like that every year.

I could go on and on with the long list of very good teams they have faced. Since you obviously don't know, I'm trying to be nice and explain it to you. And since you don't want to talk about their three state championships, since 1989 they have been runners-up, were in the top ten in wins in the 90s, and have a slew of regional championships. But since you can't see any farther back than 1990, you can't know what real tradition is...

Originally posted by BMOC22

Bell is not getting alot of respect. They have a super tailback in Shawn Robbins and a fullback that's pritty good (John Brumbach), ask Middlesboro about him. No disrespect to Middlesboro but i guarantee you they weren't worried about Brumbach and he hurt 'em. I hope there isn't alot of talk about Bell, cause come late November there's gonna be alot of talk.

I agree, Bell will be making a lot of noise.