3a fan rankings for fun.

mhighfield

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Oldbird

I haven't put together where I think teams should be ranked, but off the top of my head:

Teams that are showing they are every bit as good as we expected and more:

1. Boyle County

2. Paducah Tilghman

3. Mason County

Teams that have shown that every piece of the puzzle might not be in place yet.

1. Highlands

2. Hopkinsville

3. Cov. Cath

Verdict is still out on

1. Lexington Catholic

2. Rockcastle County

3. Lawrence County

4. Bell County

I have not included Oldham or Bowling Green. I think we will have a better feel for them after tonights game.

Mason County has played what has turned out to be a very weak schedule so far, with Breathitt suffering huge graduation losses. Unless you thought they were going to be weak, I don't see how they could have "proven" themselves already, regardless of their margins of victory.

Lawrence County did much more to prove its worth by thrashing a good Sheldon Clark team - a team that had taken it into overtime last season. Had it not been for an amazing number of injuries to key players last season, Lawrence would have won its district. Most of those players are back, most notably Short and Storts, and the injuries gave a lot of young kids quality PT.

Mason is talented and very well coached and will be a contender in the district and region. But IMO, Lawrence is the team to beat in the district. I think Mason is getting way too much mileage out of its upset of Rockcastle last season.

I know that I am part of a small minority who hold this opinion, but hey, I have been here before. I thought Russell was the team to beat in Mason's district last year.

Lawrence County has a very favorable schedule, and they have Mason County, the Man Hillbillies, Ashland, Boyd County, Prestonsburg, etc. all at home. Unless they get caught napping, the Bulldogs should not lose any of its road games. An undefeated regular season is not out of the question for LC.

Originally posted by westsider

That's just it ... Hopkinsville isn't playing just "somebody."

After losing their starting tailback and inside linebacker, a three-year starter, Hopkinsville has lost two close games to two teams that played in state championship games last fall.

Ridgeway was a state champion in Tennessee last year and has several Division I prospects, and beat the defending small-school private-school state champion on Friday night with a short preparation time. Male is showing they're reloading instead of rebuilding.

Next week, the Tigers play Mayfield ... heard of them, mhighfield?

Mason hasn't exactly played the Titans of the Western World. I dare say that if Hopkinsville had played Breathitt and Montgomery, they'd easily be 2-0 ...

Well if Hoptown is supposed to be so good then they should be 2-0 no matter who they play....For Mason a win is a win no matter who is on their scheduel....

Originally posted by westsider

Tigertalker, no BG in your top 10? We'll have to revoke your WKC card. :lol:

I should have pointed out that I had BG at 11 right behind Oldham Co. but after the thumping tonight Bowling Green is a top 10 team.

1t)Paducah Tilghman

1t)Boyle Co.

3)Highlands

4)Mason Co

5)Hopkinsville

6)Lex Catholic

7)Bowling Green

8)Bell Co.

9)Lawrence Co.

10)Boyd Co.

Oldham definately drops out after that BG thrashing and IMO, Rockcastle still has to prove themselves against a decent opponent to be ahead of the 10 in there. Cov Catholic is lurking but are 0-2 and the loss to Boone knocks them out, at least for now...

Originally posted by statechamp23

Well if Hoptown is supposed to be so good then they should be 2-0 no matter who they play....For Mason a win is a win no matter who is on their scheduel....

I sincerely hope that is sarcasm, but I wonder ...

Hoosier Eagle, everyone knew Breathitt had heavy graduation losses, including their record-setting QB. Mason played Rockcastle in a bowl game last year ... I would think they could have found a similar opponent this time.

I and many expected Mason to dominate and look good doing it which they have.

As far as Lawrence County, I have one question. How good is Bourbon County? Because if Sheldon is good and Bourbon is only 6 points worse, Bourbon must be pretty darn good too.

Originally posted by Oldbird

I haven't put together where I think teams should be ranked, but off the top of my head:

Teams that are showing they are every bit as good as we expected and more:

1. Boyle County

2. Paducah Tilghman

3. Mason County

Teams that have shown that every piece of the puzzle might not be in place yet.

1. Highlands

2. Hopkinsville

3. Cov. Cath

Verdict is still out on

1. Lexington Catholic

2. Rockcastle County

3. Lawrence County

4. Bell County

I have not included Oldham or Bowling Green. I think we will have a better feel for them after tonights game.

I have to agree w/OB on this one.