What decision would you make with football?

What decision would you make regarding High School Football  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What decision do you make?

• Yes, I would have a season (if yes, please specify what your season would look like in the thread)
    • No, I would not have a season

Let's imagine you're the Dictator of Kentucky High School Football, and the decision on having/not having a season lies only with you.

What decision would you make?  For the poll above, just answer whether or not you'd have a season.

For the thread, specify what kind of season you would have if you choose to have one.

4 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I would have an 8 to 10 game season.

I would have crowds, but they would be limited in size, depending on each school's seating capacity.

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I like what the KHSAA has in place right now for this season. Let's go play some football.

Either, whatever, let's play ball.

• Like 6

I like model Ohio is looking at. All teams make playoffs and let each school make own decision about regular season games. Some schools may play full schedule and others may just wait and play few games in October. Playoff matchups will be random draw like Sweet 16 but just for this year. Each school will determine how many fans want in stands based on what is acceptable to them based on distancing measures.

I would absolutely play with fans at 30%-50% with masks. I don’t agree with pushing the start of live school back, but if anything that helps football. Big difference with a group of 50+ boys outside working out vs 100’s of kids socially interacting indoors. 

Play baseball in the fall, football in the spring. Start the Football season  March 5th -30 April. That makes a 9 game season. Four weeks of playoffs put the state championship games the weekend of May 28th-29th-30th. Push fall football permanently to a start date for first games the 4th Friday in August with championships the second weekend  in December. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hardin County Preps said:

Play baseball in the fall, football in the spring. Start the Football season March 5th-30 April. That makes a 9 game season. Four weeks of playoffs put the state championship games the weekend of May 28-29-30. 

What does swapping fall and spring sports accomplish?

I really like the Ohio plan, although no decision is really a good one. Six game regular season, playoffs with all teams qualified (86% of Kentucky teams qualify anyway, so that isn't a huge change) which assures a seventh game, then allow teams that lose their playoff opener an opportunity to play one more game after that if they choose.

It isn't perfect, and obviously things can change by the second, but it gets you some semblance of a season and potentially a state champion.

I'll add to that, immaterial to Covid, I'm in favor of a slightly shorter season that begins play in September every season.

Baseball players are already in "full swing",  with minimal time to get ready for a season. Living within 1 mile of the Elizabethtown sports complex, what sport could be played and is being played right now? Baseball!!!. There are major baseball/ softball national tournaments being played every weekend at the park. Based on social distancing guidelines, baseball would be the easiest to pull of in the fall and is would not conflict with the baseball season and players that are dual sport athletes.

Yes. I would want football to begin with no more delays. Crowds can be full capacity. You are outside. If you feel the need for a mask then wear one. Most people I see at football games sit already with the same people they are with at home, mainly with their families. If players or coaches test positive, then that person quarantines till cleared. Not the whole team. A lot of unnecessary shutdowns IMO.  Most of the states teams have practiced with hardly any issues. Some but not many for the amount of kids practicing. Time to get the show on the road. 

• Like 5