What decision would you make with football?

What decision would you make regarding High School Football  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What decision do you make?

• Yes, I would have a season (if yes, please specify what your season would look like in the thread)
    • No, I would not have a season

2 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

I honestly think the fans are the easy part.  Very few stadiums are filled to capacity on Friday nights. For most, limiting fans to 50% capacity won’t be that hard. 

I talked to a coach who said if we can get 50% capacity for the last three home games we'll have bigger crowds than last season! Crowds might be an issue on opening night but I don't think 50% capacity would be a problem later in the season when the weather gets cold.

• Like 1

Not necessarily following the same timeline we are on, but here is what I would have advocated for:

- District Schedule +1. Each team plays a District Schedule and gets to play one Non-District game. The season would have been delayed to mid-September so we could have had a better viewpoint of how the cases were responding to school opening up.

- No fans in the stands with one exception. Each team's first home game would be "Senior Night". Parents of players, cheerleaders, and band would only be allowed to attend to honor the Seniors. All other games would be only players & staff with radio crews and tv crews permitted in a socially distant pressbox. 

- There would be an extra week off between the end of the season and playoffs. This way if teams are dealing with quarantine or recovery of injury it can best assure equal footing.

- As much as I hate it, the old playoff format of cross Region, no RPI, and 4 teams per District is your playoff system for this year alone.

- KHSAA broadcasts State Finals games free of charge in conjunction with the PBS stations around the state and corporate sponsorships.