Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

SOME people won't wear masks, most will. Most already are where they are being asked to. 

Just because in your small area people aren't following the recommendations doesn't mean they are being flippant everywhere. That's where you're mistaken. 

We are still on the agree to disagree train.  It's cool man, I always enjoy debating you.

From a Kentucky High School Football Coach on Facebook:

KY has a current population (kids ages 10 thru 19) of 610,000. 1,013 of those kids have tested positive with covid. 0 / 1013 have died. 1,013 / 610,000 = 0.166%. This means less than 2 per 1,000 teenagers have covid and there have been no deaths. Lets go khsaa, let our kids participate in their activities.

• Like 1

Make it a 6th business in my area that just posted in part:

If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a face mask, you are exempt from the order. Due to HIPAA and the 4th amendment. We cannot ask legally ask you about your medical condition. Therefore, if we see you without a face mask. We will assume you have a medical condition, and we will welcome you inside to support our business.

35 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

It's interesting living in Louisville and having visited both Lexington and NKY recently. In Louisville and Lexington both I saw the vast majority of people in public places and businesses wearing masks. In Northern Kentucky, it's the exact opposite.

Seems it drops off outside the metros.  Jessamine swings from 80/20 to 20/80.  It will go back to 80/20 after 5 tonight and then drop off by next weekend. 

1 minute ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Seems it drops off outside the metros.  Jessamine swings from 80/20 to 20/80.  It will go back to 80/20 after 5 tonight and then drop off by next weekend. 

Exactly, when I was in my Kroger today there were tons more masks that normal but after a week or so it will be right back down to almost nothing.  

So this mask thing, how do you eat your food or drink your beer while at a restaurant/bar? If I take my mask off to do those two things then my mask won't be on very often, so whats the point in having me wear it to walk in the door?

4 minutes ago, JDEaston said:

So this mask thing, how do you eat your food or drink your beer while at a restaurant/bar? If I take my mask off to do those two things then my mask won't be on very often, so whats the point in having me wear it to walk in the door?

Control. 

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

Control. 

My thoughts as well. Unfortunately its multiple forms of control, all of which are negative for that type of business and its employees.

One negative is a lot of people that refuse to wear the mask, will not go out to eat, which is a loss of business to the restaurant/bar as well as tips for employees. Some will likely do take out but again sales will drop as well as tips for employees that survive on those. Then in the end no matter how you look at it, its a form of control for those that don't wish to wear the mask as well as the businesses that do not want to enforce it. 

That said, its not gonna work. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Add a 4th business.  I just left Kroger and talked to two managers, in short if push comes to shove they are not going to enforce the mask rule.  And, I just talked to a bar owner friend and they are relying on another decision out of Kentucky yesterday and not going to enforce anything.  As far as I can see it is dead in the water in NKY before it even starts. 

I just have a hard time understanding the thought process to ignore enforcing the mandate, especially from Kroger managers. I can’t imagine Kroger corporate would endorse or approve of their managers making the call to not enforce mask wearing. Of course I don’t get individuals being against this either.  

1 minute ago, rjs4470 said:

I just have a hard time understanding the thought process to ignore enforcing the mandate, especially from Kroger managers. I can’t imagine Kroger corporate would endorse or approve of their managers making the call to not enforce mask wearing. Of course I don’t get individuals being against this either.  

Yeah, well Kroger corporate doesn't have to deal with irate customers.  I mean, they are going to pretend they are enforcing but again as of right now I got a clear answer from both managers they will not make you leave.

1 minute ago, JDEaston said:

My thoughts as well. Unfortunately its multiple forms of control, all of which are negative for that type of business and its employees.

One negative is a lot of people that refuse to wear the mask, will not go out to eat, which is a loss of business to the restaurant/bar as well as tips for employees. Some will likely do take out but again sales will drop as well as tips for employees that survive on those. Then in the end no matter how you look at it, its a form of control for those that don't wish to wear the mask as well as the businesses that do not want to enforce it. 

That said, its not gonna work. 

Right, the basic game plan is to disrupt anything that is fun and if something isn't any fun then most people won't do it. 

Just now, TheDeuce said:

I'd love to see a list of the businesses that say they aren't going to comply. 

It is all over Facebook.

But come on man, places aren't going to make it easy for the spineless snitches. 

Just now, theguru said:

It is all over Facebook.

But come on man, places aren't going to make it easy for the spineless snitches. 

Spineless snitches. 😂😂😂😂😂

Imagine thinking that way about people who care about others well-being.