Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Also circulating around Facebook in NKY is what I would call the top law enforcement authority in the area saying they will not enforce the mask mandate. 

Nor should they.  That's the health departments job if they want to try to do something about it.  Watching that happen could be entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Except it’s not. 

HIPAA prevents health providers from sharing your information. The 4th amendment discusses unlawful search and seizure. 

Like I said, it doesn’t apply. They can use that as their excuse, but they are lying. 

What if someone has a medical condition that would make wearing a mask detrimental?  They aren’t obligated to fully disclose it past stating they have a condition to a Walmart assistant manager.

Staff and students will be required to wear masks in schools when they return. It's a done deal in my district that was discussed with staff yesterday. Students must wear masks in order to receive free transportation, free breakfast and lunch and 7.5 hours of free childcare for their parents. This is the "ultimatum" laid out for students' return to school.

Now, if someone said, "If you wear a mask today, you will give a young man the unique opportunity to participate in the greatest game in America. If you don't, they will not." Would you wear a mask?

No one has said it yet, but I'm saying it now. I have to look at it through this lense for it to make sense to me. I encourage you folks to as well.

Wear a mask for football, please.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HedgeHog8 said:

Staff and students will be required to wear masks in schools when they return. It's a done deal in my district that was discussed with staff yesterday. Students must wear masks in order to receive free transportation, free breakfast and lunch and 7.5 hours of free childcare for their parents. This is the "ultimatum" laid out for students' return to school.

Now, if someone said, "If you wear a mask today, you will give a young man the unique opportunity to participate in the greatest game in America. If you don't, they will not." Would you wear a mask?

No one has said it yet, but I'm saying it now. I have to look at it through this lense for it to make sense to me. I encourage you folks to as well.

Wear a mask for football, please.

We are putting so much on the teachers and coaches, I think they need a raise.

And I am glad to hear your district is moving forward with a plan, kudos! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theguru said:

We are putting so much on the teachers and coaches, I think they need a raise.

And I am glad to hear your district is moving forward with a plan, kudos! 

I'll take a raise, but all I want is 48 minutes with an oblong ball and 22 of my friends. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WKY_Football said:

I think we play, I feel like KHSAA is going to set the dates & then put everything on the local school districts & health departments on when schools start and stop, Freshman & JV dates, etc..

That’s the way I took the meeting as well. 

I’m having a difficult time wrapping my head around some of this. If this was a different forum then I wouldn’t have the issue but this is a HS sports forum and specifically one for HS football. I could be wrong but I have to feel like that if you participate on this forum you are a HS football fan and maybe even played the game. 

For former players that decide not to wear masks. We wore helmets in the heat. Mouth pieces that made it hard to breathe. We went through physical hardships that in some cases in today’s game would borderline on abuse. We played against teams we were over matched against or in physical knockout drag outs. We did all of that and yet we can’t wear a mask for 25 minutes in a store?

If a player does something people view as above the team or refuses to follow a rule he gets blasted. We praise kids for being team players and putting the team before themselves. But we can’t wear a mask?

Maybe a mask doesn’t help at all. If wearing one doesn’t help then ok but what if it does help? What if it just helps get a 1% improvement. Each day and each time you do it you keep adding that 1%. How much improvement have you helped in a month? If we find out with 100% accuracy that wearing a mask doesn’t help then all that has happened is you wore a mask. If we find out later with accuracy that it did help but one didn’t wear one then what? Oops, my bad?

All of us that played have had our 4 years. We’ve had our Friday nights and memories. For many of us it was an amazing experience that we cherish. Yet some people won’t do everything in their power to give these young men the same opportunity because wearing a mask for 25 minutes or any of the other measures are just too hard. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

"I think" isn't really a good enough reason to plunge forward.  While kids are certainly less impacted by this, there are too many adults involved in high school sports who may be more threatened.  Coaches, officials, trainers, etc have to be considered in this.

19 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

"I think" isn't really a good enough reason to plunge forward.  While kids are certainly less impacted by this, there are too many adults involved in high school sports who may be more threatened.  Coaches, officials, trainers, etc have to be considered in this.

This entire forum is about what we think.