BGP QOTD: Scale of 1-10, how concerned are you by COVID-19?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

How concerned are you about COVID-19?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How concerned are you about COVID-19?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with an 8. I'm not totally concerned about the health aspects to me and my wife (but I do worry about my 83 year old father, my grandparents and my in-laws).

My vote is due in large part because of the supplemental income that I will not be making until the Reds, FC Cincinnati, and concerts come back. I am by no means going to be as financially affected as others, but my concern for them because I know how much it affects me, helps knock that number up a little higher too. There are a few people I know personally that could be drastically affected by this.

The virus itself - 3

Impact of the actions related to the virus - 10

A pretty good encapsulation of my feelings. I have repeatedly told people I talk to that the response is much more terrifying to me than the virus - at this point. People get real dumb when they get scared.

A pretty good encapsulation of my feelings. I have repeatedly told people I talk to that the response is much more terrifying to me than the virus - at this point. People get real dumb when they get scared.

I agree with this. If the overall impact of the virus weren't an issue, my level of concern would be a 1 for myself.

I agree with this. If the overall impact of the virus weren't an issue, my level of concern would be a 1 for myself.

No doubt.

I went to bed last night praying for your Mom, gametime & his family, my mother-in-law who is fighting ovarian cancer, & a host of other friends who are in a much higher category of risk than I am.

I understand the economic impact will likely be really tough on everyone in the coming months, and that's certainly an issue. But high-risk people are at the forefront of my mind right now.

Being single and selfish, I'm only concerned about how it affects and inconveniences me, and I'm not a bit happy about it.

No State Tournament, No Keeneland, No High School Baseball Season. No Friday Fish Fries. I'm somewhat livid about it..

I've had the flu before, and it was the worse that I have ever been sick, BUT I recovered and survived.

Despite the fact that I'm 72 and diabetic, I have EVERY CONFIDENCE that if I were to catch this disease, I would be sick as a dog, and it might take me longer to recover from it, BUT I would recover and go about living the remainder of my life.

3 For Me.

I went six. I will probably avoid big crowds and my limit my time around others, but I'm not doing anything crazy.

I went 6 before reading your post. We literally agree on almost everything with the virus!

It’s a forgone conclusion that it’s gonna be fine folks!

I went six. I will probably avoid big crowds and my limit my time around others, but I'm not doing anything crazy.

I went 6 before reading your post. We literally agree on almost everything with the virus!

You two agreeing is really getting on my nerves.

Quick! Somebody start an Ohio State thread, pronto!

Not worried about the Virus. Hate how it is affecting the lives of our young people. Worried about their mental well being. For many, school and extra-curricular activities are their routine, their friends, and their safe haven.

Not worried about the Virus. Hate how it is affecting the lives of our young people. Worried about their mental well being. For many, school and extra-curricular activities are their routine, their friends, and their safe haven.

In so many ways I agree with this. Great post. But things are different at the moment. I'm between a 4 and 5 because I have family members who are older but are smart folks with a plan, I'm lucky. I want to see how this plays out for a few weeks. Maybe we'll have a better idea then. For the kids, I couldn't agree more Hoops, they are basically going into a quarantine and they are not sure why. I really hate that, especially for seniors. But sometimes life changes our plan and that's when you learn to be strong

My extended family has a new plan called OPOOF. (Operation Protect Our Old Farts).

For my 92-year-old dad, he is not allowed to go to Mass or the tavern, his two favorite places to be. His visitors/caregivers are limited to the same 5 people.

Hoping he continues to thrive and survive better than his stocks/investments at this time.