Dixie 71 Lloyd 49 (34th District Semifinal)

I'd say being the 2nd time in 3 years, this doesn't help Cody at all when it comes to colleges. He was suspended and eventually removed from Dixie's team 2 years ago prior to the region and now this.

Not the 2nd time. He was not removed from Lloyd’s team. As to why he chose not to play I’m sure will come out at some point. And being removed from Dixies team was overturned legally when he won KHSAA eligibility to play at Lloyd. Interesting to listen to opinions about a kid when you don’t know the facts. Stick to the game and not spreading false information about a kid.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first time seeing Dixie this year, and I have to say that I came away impressed by their teamwork, focus, talent, and determination. They certainly don’t look like a 10-19 team, and while it would be a stretch to say that they could really compete with the 9th Region’s elites, they look like a team that still has something to prove.

I need to give a shout out to @PP1 because he called this win over Lloyd in his weekly review. :thumb:

With a dismal season they could’ve packed it in, but they don’t seem at all frayed by that, and seriously looked like they came to play.

Sure, St. Henry is highly favored to win the 34th District Championship game, but I have a hunch that the Red Colonels will give the Crusaders all they want in the process. I’m not predicting any miracles here, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Dixie give them a decent struggle for at least 3 quarters.

Nothing gets any easier for Dixie here on out because they’re likely to face either CovCath, Highlands, or Conner in the first round of the 9th Region Tournament.

I felt sorry for the Juggs to have to go through whatever the heck it is they’re going through right now, and kudos for them to try to give it their all in the face of their adversity, but it was all too clear who the better team was in this game, and I look for Dixie to represent the 34th with class and determination in the titanic struggle they’ll undoubtedly face when they lace em’ up at the BB&T Arena in the 9th Region Tournament on Saturday, March 7th.

Not the 2nd time. He was not removed from Lloyd’s team. As to why he chose not to play I’m sure will come out at some point. And being removed from Dixies team was overturned legally when he won KHSAA eligibility to play at Lloyd. Interesting to listen to opinions about a kid when you don’t know the facts. Stick to the game and not spreading false information about a kid.

Unfortunately for Cody, the facts do not look good for him. If he wants to try and play at the next level, he probably should look at a junior college to get things in order and make a better case for himself to present to colleges.

This is the 2nd time in 3 years where he has not completed a season, correct? Whether he quit on his own or was suspended, it doesn't look good for colleges.

Gonna upset Some folks here, but AAU Style ball and culture keeps invading The HS game IMO, empowering kids and parents to act above the team/school/game. Very sad to hear and see this happening, but fear this won’t be the last time something like this occurs in today’s age of “me” and “my kid is great” basketball. Not saying that is what happened here, Hope it wasn’t. I don’t know details or have a dog in fight, but sounds like a scene from a crappy AAU tournament game, not a HS district tournament game representing a school and community.

On to what matters, Congrats to the young Colonels for holding it together during a tough season. Some good talent on that team. Way to persevere and good luck in Regions!

This is the 2nd time in 3 years where he has not completed a season, correct? Whether he quit on his own or was suspended, it doesn't look good for colleges.

Actually no, he was not suspended or quit the team. His did not play, granted it was an important game but at this point it is unknown to everyone why. These threads start speculating and condemning kids when it should be about promoting sports.

People jump to conclusions and then false information is spread. The reality is these are kids playing a sport and just because you watch them, read about them and think you know them, you have no idea what these kids go through. You might want to remember that many of these kid that are talked about read these threads.

Actually no, he was not suspended or quit the team. His did not play, granted it was an important game but at this point it is unknown to everyone why. These threads start speculating and condemning kids when it should be about promoting sports.

People jump to conclusions and then false information is spread. The reality is these are kids playing a sport and just because you watch them, read about them and think you know them, you have no idea what these kids go through. You might want to remember that many of these kid that are talked about read these threads.

Lot of negativity about kids here, but Treshawn gave my nephew(2028 5* Combo Guard) a pair of his shoes following his 37-point performance against my Demons.

So regardless of what is being said about him, or any of the kids mentioned by name on this site really, I have a great deal of respect for a kid who takes the time to inspire/motivate/encourage/acknowledge the next generation of hoopers, when it would be easier and justifiable to bask in the glory of his senior night performance.

Regarding the game, congrats to Dixie. Best of luck this season.

Lot of negativity about kids here, but Treshawn gave my nephew(2028 5* Combo Guard) a pair of his shoes following his 37-point performance against my Demons.

So regardless of what is being said about him, or any of the kids mentioned by name on this site really, I have a great deal of respect for a kid who takes the time to inspire/motivate/encourage/acknowledge the next generation of hoopers, when it would be easier and justifiable to bask in the glory of his senior night performance.

Regarding the game, congrats to Dixie. Best of luck this season.

2028 5* combo guard, are they ranking them now while still in diapers?

Unfortunately for Cody, the facts do not look good for him. If he wants to try and play at the next level, he probably should look at a junior college to get things in order and make a better case for himself to present to colleges.

I agree with you about college. Actually feel more kids should take advantage of junior colleges and prep schools. So many kids are hung up on D1 status when a smaller college gives kids a chance to grow, mature both athletically and academically.

In my amateur opinion, yes.

Got ya, that helps. I was about to ask who on Earth is traveling the state watching the legions of 4th grade games and trying to compile rankings of 9 and 10 year olds. Not like they don't have a whole lot of growing and developing ahead of them.

Self-ranked is all good! I wish the young baller all of the best!