Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 71 Lloyd 49 (34th District Semifinal)

Featured Replies

Dixie rolls to the Championship game Friday night at 8pm against St. Henry.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lloyd playing without 3 Senior starters. Game was over before it started. Cody, Szabo quit. Point Guard rules ineligible. Coaching not good enough.

Lloyd playing without 3 Senior starters. Game was over before it started. Cody, Szabo quit. Point Guard rules ineligible. Coaching not good enough.

 

That's a shame. I really feel for their teammates who they let down.

Love to hear what happened..from both sides..these kids played basketball for their entire lives for this moment and beyond..What happened?

That's a shame. I really feel for their teammates who they let down.

 

I do too. Cody and Szabo were Dixie transfers.

Something crazy happened here..does anyone wish to enlighten us who were fans of these kids?

I do too. Cody and Szabo were Dixie transfers.

 

I could add a lot more that I know about that family that I won' t at risk of suspension, but that is such a shame for the other kids.

I could add a lot more that I know about that family that I won' t at risk of suspension, but that is such a shame for the other kids.

 

As Barney would say, nip it in the bud. This situation was allowed to get out of control, case closed.

Ok. I know Szabo coached AAU and took in Cody for a while right? But these are kids that want to play and went to great lengths to transfer to Lloyd...TO PLAY FOR THEIR COACH!! I repeat...what happened? Cody would have had many colleges interested in him and may still..but this does not help. I had a chance to speak with Cody for a few minutes a few weeks ago...seemed a happy kid looking forward to the balance of the season...so sorry it ended this way to him, Szabo, and all his teammates.

  • Author
Ok. I know Szabo coached AAU and took in Cody for a while right? But these are kids that want to play and went to great lengths to transfer to Lloyd...TO PLAY FOR THEIR COACH!! I repeat...what happened? Cody would have had many colleges interested in him and may still..but this does not help. I had a chance to speak with Cody for a few minutes a few weeks ago...seemed a happy kid looking forward to the balance of the season...so sorry it ended this way to him, Szabo, and all his teammates.

 

I still believe that Cody can play at the collegiate level, despite his inexperience. He's one of the most athletic kids I've ever seen in the 9th region.

I’m devastated Cody’s career had to end this way. One of the better talents in this region. I have a feeling this will not be the end of the drama at Lloyd.

I’m devastated Cody’s career had to end this way. One of the better talents in this region. I have a feeling this will not be the end of the drama at Lloyd.

Ok. I know Szabo coached AAU and took in Cody for a while right? But these are kids that want to play and went to great lengths to transfer to Lloyd...TO PLAY FOR THEIR COACH!! I repeat...what happened? Cody would have had many colleges interested in him and may still..but this does not help. I had a chance to speak with Cody for a few minutes a few weeks ago...seemed a happy kid looking forward to the balance of the season...so sorry it ended this way to him, Szabo, and all his teammates.

 

Yes.

Ok. I know Szabo coached AAU and took in Cody for a while right? But these are kids that want to play and went to great lengths to transfer to Lloyd...TO PLAY FOR THEIR COACH!! I repeat...what happened? Cody would have had many colleges interested in him and may still..but this does not help. I had a chance to speak with Cody for a few minutes a few weeks ago...seemed a happy kid looking forward to the balance of the season...so sorry it ended this way to him, Szabo, and all his teammates.

 

I'd say being the 2nd time in 3 years, this doesn't help Cody at all when it comes to colleges. He was suspended and eventually removed from Dixie's team 2 years ago prior to the region and now this.

Without knowing all the facts, we cannot speculate what happened. We don't know if Cody was suspended or just chose not to play. Great job Stainforth in getting the Colonels to NKU again.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.