Chris Lofton - NBA player?

NEXT

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you are correct! Chris was a point guard but lofton has time to make the switch. Either way he is too good a shooter to be left out of the draft. Kentucky didn't go after him probably for the same reasons most in this thread thinks that he won't make an NBA roster.
I too am rooting for him, but there is a lot big of a difference in trying the pull-back 3 point attempt over Joe Crawford as opposed to Kobe Bryant.

If he can make the transition to PG, that would be awesome.

His lack of size is going to hurt him in the NBA -- a roadblock that JJ and Korver don't have to deal with. I hope he can play at the next level, because frankly, he was UNREAL in the 1st half (all I watched) v. Memphis. UNREAL. However, severely under-sized 2-guards have very, very short life-spans in the NBA. Respert from MSU, Langdon from Duke both come to mind.

I agree 100% if Chris were 6'5 I think there's no question. I think someone will pick him up just to have a sharpshooter on the bench for those close games.

His lack of size is going to hurt him in the NBA -- a roadblock that JJ and Korver don't have to deal with. I hope he can play at the next level, because frankly, he was UNREAL in the 1st half (all I watched) v. Memphis. UNREAL. However, severely under-sized 2-guards have very, very short life-spans in the NBA. Respert from MSU, Langdon from Duke both come to mind.

I agree. I would also add Dajuan Wagner to that list. He may have been a 1, but they played him a lot more at the 2.

I too am rooting for him, but there is a lot big of a difference in trying the pull-back 3 point attempt over Joe Crawford as opposed to Kobe Bryant.

If he can make the transition to PG, that would be awesome.

Not really in a sense, in college at least they play defense and the pull back 3 is challenged, in the pros, no one plays defense until the playoffs begin.

On the offensive end he has gotten a lot better at getting his shot off and attacking the rim.

He has gotten better this year on the defensive end but is still a step slow.

Will he be an NBA player by the end of next year?

In a league that desperately needs someone to knock down 3's and keep double teams off the low block, he has a NBA career in his future.

He is just as good as a John Paxson type. Imagine him on the Spurs with Duncan on the block, feeding him at the 3 pt line when they double team Duncan. Key is which team he is drafted by.

I predict a 3pt shooting crown in his future.

Not really in a sense, in college at least they play defense and the pull back 3 is challenged, in the pros, no one plays defense until the playoffs begin.
I believe that is more of a fallacy than anything else. If that were true, Trajon Langdon would be the greatest NBA player ever. I assure you they play defense in the NBA and a lot better brand than in college.

In a league that desperately needs someone to knock down 3's and keep double teams off the low block, he has a NBA career in his future.

He is just as good as a John Paxson type. Imagine him on the Spurs with Duncan on the block, feeding him at the 3 pt line when they double team Duncan. Key is which team he is drafted by.

I predict a 3pt shooting crown in his future.

I certainly hope so... :thumb:

I believe that is more of a fallacy than anything else. If that were true, Trajon Langdon would be the greatest NBA player ever. I assure you they play defense in the NBA and a lot better brand than in college.

:thumb: :thumb: It always bothers me a little bit when people say that. But I get tired of fighting with people about it.

We will then agree to disagree on this subject.

We will then agree to disagree on this subject.
:thumb: That is cool...

I think the way the NBA rules are laid out, the appearance nobody is doing anything comes about. The 24 second shot clock does not lend itself to many motion offenses or constant screening... plus the scorers are 10 x as good at the NBA level.

I have just seen too many great college basketball players suffer in the NBA to think any other way.