Chris Lofton - NBA player?

NEXT

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES HE WILL play in the pros. Didn't everyone say that he was too small coming out of high school? He proved the world everyove that isn't from Mason County wrong about that and he will do it again when it comes to pro basketball. I will venture to say that he will be a mid to late second round draft pick and be around a 10+ year pro. I doubt he will ever be a starter in the league but the last time I checked the nba still keeps score, & and he can do that with ease. His whole life he has been told he isn't good enough, and again he will prove everyone wrong.

If he goes to Europe he will be unstoppable. He WILL be an nba player, write it down.

Who can you compare him to in the NBA? Unless you assume he makes a huge improvement in his ability to play the point, I'm not sure who you can look at and say "he's just like him."

His lack of size is going to hurt him in the NBA -- a roadblock that JJ and Korver don't have to deal with. I hope he can play at the next level, because frankly, he was UNREAL in the 1st half (all I watched) v. Memphis. UNREAL. However, severely under-sized 2-guards have very, very short life-spans in the NBA. Respert from MSU, Langdon from Duke both come to mind.

This is not a comparison. I like Lofton cause he's committed and has the desire. Steve Nash doesn't have the size but definetly has the heart of a lion. I believe he is back to back league MVP.

Who can you compare him to in the NBA? Unless you assume he makes a huge improvement in his ability to play the point, I'm not sure who you can look at and say "he's just like him."

Your Point??? JJ Redick is the most like him, but he doesn't compare to anyone, college or pro. He is his own player with an unbelievable set of skills. I am not sayin that he will be an all star, or even a starter, but he will be a pro. What team couldn't use a player to come of the bench and knock down a few three's to bring their team back quick.

Lets see... he had 22 pts against north carolina two years ago in the Maui Invitational. They were loaded with nba players (May, Felton, Williams, McCants).

That same year he had 17 pts and 19 pts against Kentucky, who has Chuck Hayes and Rajon Rondo playing in the pros, while Azubukie is leading the nbadl in scoring.

Last year he had 21 pts against Texas, who had future pros Aldridge, Tucket, and Gibson on their team.

Last year he beat Florida twice (they went on to win the title remember?) with 29 pts in one game and 16 in the other. They have at least 4 future pros on their team: noah, Horford, Brewer, and Green.

If he can hold his own and dominate teams like this, why do you think he isn't even worthy to put on a pro jersey??

Your Point??? JJ Redick is the most like him, but he doesn't compare to anyone, college or pro. He is his own player with an unbelievable set of skills. I am not sayin that he will be an all star, or even a starter, but he will be a pro. What team couldn't use a player to come of the bench and knock down a few three's to bring their team back quick.

Lets see... he had 22 pts against north carolina two years ago in the Maui Invitational. They were loaded with nba players (May, Felton, Williams, McCants).

That same year he had 17 pts and 19 pts against Kentucky, who has Chuck Hayes and Rajon Rondo playing in the pros, while Azubukie is leading the nbadl in scoring.

Last year he had 21 pts against Texas, who had future pros Aldridge, Tucket, and Gibson on their team.

Last year he beat Florida twice (they went on to win the title remember?) with 29 pts in one game and 16 in the other. They have at least 4 future pros on their team: noah, Horford, Brewer, and Green.

If he can hold his own and dominate teams like this, why do you think he isn't even worthy to put on a pro jersey??

Listen, all those games last year were not against pro teams...no matter how you spin it, it was in college. It is a TOTALLY different game then the pro game. He may make the league for a year or two, but his professional basketball career will be in Europe, with Patrick Sparks.... :D

YES HE WILL play in the pros. Didn't everyone say that he was too small coming out of high school? He proved the world everyove that isn't from Mason County wrong about that and he will do it again when it comes to pro basketball. I will venture to say that he will be a mid to late second round draft pick and be around a 10+ year pro. I doubt he will ever be a starter in the league but the last time I checked the nba still keeps score, & and he can do that with ease. His whole life he has been told he isn't good enough, and again he will prove everyone wrong.

It wasn't just Mason County. Anyone that saw C-Lo play on more than a few occasions knew he'd be a good college player(except Tubby). Granted not many from the state or from Mason expected him to be quite as successful as he has been so far, but I knew he'd be pretty good.

EUROS spend as well as DOLLARS and if he does play in Europe he will be a star! I spent five years in Europe and I know that basketball stars get treated really well over there! Good luck to the kid at whatever he does and where ever he ends up!

Gettin paid is gettin paid, right?

HE won't play in Europe because there is room for a pure shooter who is fairly athletic in the NBA. Will he make a big impact? Probably not, but he'll make a team or two.

Don't you think that you put him on a team with a STRONG post threat like Duncan and he plays an important part in punishing teams for trying to double-team?

Don't you think that you put him on a team with a STRONG post threat like Duncan and he plays an important part in punishing teams for trying to double-team?

Absolutely. Maybe not their first option to do so, but he had NBA range at 16 17 years old. He might be pulling from half-court in a few years.