Kentucky 37 Virginia Tech 30

16thBBall Fan

So you think a kid that punches an opposing player and then pushes his own coach should have been allowed to play?

Agree 100%, Bowden’s a great player but the pregame stuff left kind of a sour taste in my mouth, that’s what happens when the head coach doesn’t have much control, GREAT recruiter, struggles within game adjustments and time management sometimes, happy my Cats won!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way to know... But we do know Stoops would never.

Right or wrong I don't think many would. Particularly when said player is your entire offense. Had the coach that was touched went to Stoops and said something it "could" have ended with Bowden sitting out for at least part of the game. Said coach didn't really even react when it happened though. Bowden said something to the coach as he pushed him (it was a pretty light push as well) and the coach never showed a negative reaction.

So I dunno how to take it honestly without hearing from the staff/Bowden. Just like the pregame stuff, VTech instigated it at the speedway, who's to say they didn't today?

That would be an assumption, and we don't really have anything to go on. Most star players aren't throwing punches before a bowl game.

To be fair they had been trying to get into Bowdens head since Saturday. They did and the end result was him doing what a lot of ppl would, losing their cool.

That said, if he legitimately shouldn't have played the refs wouldn't have allowed him to.

Any idea what was said to precipitate the punch? Word is the Hokie defensive players had been going at Bowden personally in every event both teams came in contact this week. The way he was targeted, you have to wonder if they were hoping he'd strike back.

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't have swung, just wondering what brought it on.

To be fair they had been trying to get into Bowdens head since Saturday. They did and the end result was him doing what a lot of ppl would, losing their cool.

That said, if he legitimately shouldn't have played the refs wouldn't have allowed him to.

To be fair, the officials had no say at that point.

I didn't see any video of the incident. Are we talking LaGarrette Blount vs. Boise State punch or a pregame smack talking session with hits to helmets with restraining type punch?

The video isn’t good, at least from what I’ve seen but it appeared to be a much lighter punch. It wasn’t a KO.

To be fair, the officials had no say at that point.

That’s because it was so early they weren’t on the field yet, just about guarantee you if they had been and would’ve saw it he would’ve been ejected from the game! Running your mouth back at somebody to take up for yourself is one thing, throwing a punch and pushing one of your coaches is something else entirely!

Any idea what was said to precipitate the punch? Word is the Hokie defensive players had been going at Bowden personally in every event both teams came in contact this week. The way he was targeted, you have to wonder if they were hoping he'd strike back.

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't have swung, just wondering what brought it on.

This. They were definitely trying to get into his head and hoping he would retaliate.