Kentucky 37 Virginia Tech 30

16thBBall Fan

I am flabbergasted that someone/anyone can commit a blatant, criminal offense like that and nothing happens. :idunno:

Mutual combat no harm no foul. I mean are some of you acting like this was a unique circumstance ? Tech had a gameplan to get in Bowden's head and it back fired.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone commented to me that Bowden rushed for more yards than Snell did last year. Don't know if that is true.

Also, and he was in a post-game celebratory mood in Charlotte, that if Bowden had played all year at QB he might have won the Heisman. I will say this: Bud Foster had 30 days to prepare and couldn't stop him.

It's hard for any one to win the Heisman when their team isn't winning 10+ games. What made Bowden's success so special was that he WAS NOT supposed to be playing QB AT ALL this year. If you'd told someone in August, anyone with knowledge of this Kentucky program and college football in general, that Bowden would accomplish what he did this season, folks would've laughed you out of the room.

Also with that said, Bowden IMO, was only QB1 on the depth chart. Realistically he was 100% game manager and team leader, his teammates fed off his energy. You can be a QB in a system that just get's the ball to the right guys at the right times etc but Bowden was not a cog in the wheel, he was the damn driver. Not sure how long it will be until we see something like it again.

Mutual combat no harm no foul. I mean are some of you acting like this was a unique circumstance ? Tech had a gameplan to get in Bowden's head and it back fired.

It did, but at least they can learn from it. I bet next time, it doesn't get physical until the officials have arrived.:lol2:

I am flabbergasted that someone/anyone can commit a blatant, criminal offense like that and nothing happens. :idunno:

If you're talking bout the punch then i get where you're coming from. But from my experience of watching sports over the years athletes are held to a lesser standard than you or I would be when it comes to fighting.

In other words what would be an assault charge for us, isn't even looked at with them.. It happens at all levels of sports, including high school. The profesional NHL guys swing hockey sticks at each other, NFL guys swing helmets. That should be assault with a weapon, but its never even looked into even though they're grown adults.

Meh, if the other guy wants charges, give him a report for assault 4th no visible injury and give him directions to the County Attorney’s office. :lol2:

Name one coaching staff that would have suspended their star player in that situation.

I think the real question is what kind of Team culture results in a kid doing that? Punches aren’t thrown normally.

I hate all that scuffle culture.

With that said this incident seemed out of character for Bowden. Hokies sure showed there rears all week, and I’m glad to see Bowden got some revenge.

He came from the streets of Youngstown. His growth at UK was immense but when provoked he’s not gonna back down.

He came from the streets of Youngstown. His growth at UK was immense but when provoked he’s not gonna back down.

Frankly, I’m impressed he didn’t swing on the dudes at the speedway for calling a not so manly name. Them’s Fighting words! :lol2:.

Anyone trying to imply this means Stoops program is out of control are just reaching because they’re haters.