Kentucky 37 Virginia Tech 30

16thBBall Fan

To be fair, the officials had no say at that point.

I know. Which is why I wonder why everyone thinks he shouldn't have played? If you're going to sit him due to pregame stuff that's put of the refs control shouldn't the VTech players from Saturdays incident as well as today's be expected to sit as well? It takes more than one person to fight or start an argument.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The video isn’t good, at least from what I’ve seen but it appeared to be a much lighter punch. It wasn’t a KO.

Looked more like a slap than a punch. I see it as no big deal. These types of pregame “fights” are fairly common in games, and I can’t recall a single time the player/players were not allowed to play. Haters will cry foul, when the fact is Bowden is an intense player, who was provoked by VT players on more than one occasion and right, wrong, or indifferent Bowden bit back. I frankly don’t see it as a big deal and he used it as motivation and the plan to get in Bowden’s head backfired on VT.

That’s because it was so early they weren’t on the field yet, just about guarantee you if they had been and would’ve saw it he would’ve been ejected from the game! Running your mouth back at somebody to take up for yourself is one thing, throwing a punch and pushing one of your coaches is something else entirely!

Where is Captain Obvious when you need him? Not defending Bowden. What he did was stupid.

Fair enough. Only you know what you would do in that situation.

Stoops runs an undisciplined program, he's shown that on numerous occasions over the last few years. Most fans won't care when their team is winning more than they have in decades. I get it, to an extent.

Stoops runs an undisciplined program, he's shown that on numerous occasions over the last few years. Most fans won't care when their team is winning more than they have in decades. I get it, to an extent.

Stoops has suspended several players for different team violations over the years. You might be correct, but I’m not aware of what you may be referring to.

For what it's worth it sounds like Stoops has Bowden and his players backs 100% given a clip from the post game locker room. I'd quote some of it or link it but there are expletives.

Edited by JDEaston
Locker room clip, not press conference

I agree with what @newarkcatholicfan said in the update thread. That the ACC may not be that weak after all. But what does that say about the SEC when a team tied for 8th place over all gets two wins this season over two ACC teams who tied for 3rd place over in the ACC.

Unfortunately for the SEC haters it says they're as good as advertised. For UK to get to 8 wins without a qb is remarkable and UK can thank the ACC for two of those wins.

That's rich coming from a guy who supports a program that hired Bobby Petrino. Twice.