Kentucky 37 Virginia Tech 30

16thBBall Fan

Same could be said about the Cincy/Pitt playoff game a few years back. Go back and watch that. If they want to slow the game down then get it right. Hill's knee was down before the ball came out on that last drive. Bengals run the clock out and they get their 1st playoff win in what it feels like a century. Maybe or maybe not did the ball came out of Bowden's hands before he was down but sometimes just because you're being pushed forward that your forward progress isn't or wasn't stopped.

Again maybe or maybe not. Just my opinion.

I’m a bengals fan and Hills not was not down at any angle before the ball started to come loose. I am also a UK fan and UK was very lucky they call forward progress stopped, even though it wasn’t. Any other time that is an easy fumble call.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was rewatching the end of the game just now. With 1:01 left ball on the 26, 4th and 1...Bowden runs a QB draw for an apparent 2 yard gain and a first down.

Bowden is stripped of the ball as he is being pushed forward and #34 for Va Tech comes up with the ball. You can see #34 laying on the ground as Bowden is pushed past him. When #34 stands up he has the ball. Bowden is given progress and a first down, yet he apparently lost the ball before being drug down or the play being blown dead.

VaTech sideline goes crazy, no idea why they didn't call a timeout. UK quick snaps before a replay is shown and then goes on to win.

Should have been VaTech ball, three knees and they win.

I'm happy UK won, I just can't brag about it to my VaTech buddy any longer.

Sure you can. As much bad luck that has happened to UK football over the years, you absolutely can!