Clemson vs. Ohio State (National Semifinal Updates)

16thBBall Fan

Clemson vs. Ohio State Who wins?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Clemson vs. Ohio State Who wins?

• Clemson Tigers
    • Ohio State Buckeyes

A 6’6” QB lowers his head, bracing for impact, and Wade is supposed to stop on a dime and cradle him to the ground. Did you play high school football?

Dude, that's targeting in every single college football game this year, last year, and next year.

You got to deal with these. Only reason their in this is because of lack of red zone execution by OSU.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Clemsons qb was standing straight up still, then no one says a word about lowering his helmet to tackle him. Clemsons happened to tuck down at the last second once he realized the hit was coming. Nothing viscous about the hit or ill intent. If it needs to be a penalty still fine, but a player who puts in all this time should not be ejected for a play like that.

If tackler keeps his head up, it's not a penalty...simple as that.

Dude, that's targeting in every single college football game this year, last year, and next year.

You got to deal with these. Only reason their in this is because of lack of red zone execution by OSU.

Shaun Wade is 6’1”. Trevor Lawrence is 6’6”. Explain how Wade can hit Lawrence in the helmet, unless Lawrence sees it coming and cowers up to brace the hit.

I wouldn’t have expect any of you Buckeye haters to understand but thank you @futurecoach for being somewhat rational.

Shaun Wade is 6’1”. Trevor Lawrence is 6’6. Explain how Wade can hit Lawrence in the helmet, unless Lawrence sees it coming and cowers up to brace the hit.

I wouldn’t have expect any of you Buckeye haters to understand but thank you @futurecoach for being somewhat rational.

Okay. You really need to get over yourself...

OSU is a great team. They have the lead. They'll come back.

Every college football team has had to deal with calls like this. Don't act like this is a new revelation.

A 6’6” QB lowers his head, bracing for impact, and Wade is supposed to stop on a dime and cradle him to the ground. Did you play high school football?

Take off your Buckeye glasses. Helmet to helmet on a QB has been called all year, it's not like they just made it up. If Wade tackles with good form, head up and putting his facemask into the ball carrier...it's not a penalty.

Shaun Wade is 6’1”. Trevor Lawrence is 6’6”. Explain how Wade can hit Lawrence in the helmet, unless Lawrence sees it coming and cowers up to brace the hit.

At the end of the day even though I don’t want OSU to win. I still am a football fan and one I hate that is called a penalty, and two a player should never be thrown out for that.

You can literally never lower your head and initiate contact with the crown of your helmet, regardless of what the opposing player does. By the definition of the rule, that is a penalty 100% of the time, regardless of how much we dislike the rule.

Take off your Buckeye glasses. Helmet to helmet on a QB has been called all year, it's not like they just made it up. If Wade tackles with good form, head up and putting his facemask into the ball carrier...it's not a penalty.

Exactly, you have no explanation or logic, when someone presents facts. He was going for the body and Lawrence turtled.

I’ll give you a second chance to explain how Wade could have adjusted running full speed with a 10 yard head start...

At the end of the day even though I don’t want OSU to win. I still am a football fan and one I hate that is called a penalty, and two a player should never be thrown out for that.

This is where I am at.

All things considered no way that deserves an ejection.

If Ohio State wins can he play next week or does he have to sit that one out too?

I’ll wait...

Wait for what? It's not the QB's job to make sure a player doesn't lead with the crown of his helmet. It doesn't matter if QB is standing, crouching, squatting or crawling around on all fours, you can't hit him with the crown of the helmet in the head.