Clemson vs. Ohio State (National Semifinal Updates)

16thBBall Fan

Clemson vs. Ohio State Who wins?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Clemson vs. Ohio State Who wins?

• Clemson Tigers
    • Ohio State Buckeyes

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Scott and his family touched down in Tampa about 50 minutes ago. His introductory news conference is tomorrow morning at 11. How much is this going to be a distraction for Clemson, if any?

He is going to coach in the playoffs.

The more I think about it the more I think OSU and Clemson are the two best teams. LSU is really good, but I like the winner of this game to beat probable LSU in the championship.

I’d say OSU has a lot of ground to make up when playing Clemson. Last time they played, they didn’t have a single snap in the redzone.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s a great game, I also wouldn’t be shocked if Clemson won by 2-3 scores. There are a lot of variables here.

I’d say OSU has a lot of ground to make up when playing Clemson. Last time they played, they didn’t have a single snap in the redzone.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s a great game, I also wouldn’t be shocked if Clemson won by 2-3 scores. There are a lot of variables here.

The last time they played? You do realize that there's probably only a handful of players on both teams that actually played in that game, don't you? 2016 means nothing in this game.

Like you, I won't be shocked if it's a great game. And likewise, I wouldn't be shocked if Clemson won by 2 or 3 scores. But, where we differ is that I also wouldn't be shocked to see the Bucks win be 2 or 3 scores either. I think both teams are loaded on offense, and if they get clicking, can put a hurting on the other. Neither team has faced what they're about to face in this one. So, saying one team is going to react favorably while the other one is going to falter is just wishful thinking. Like you said, there are a lot of variables in this one. I think anything short of the final score being 7-3 is within the realm of possibility.

The last time they played? You do realize that there's probably only a handful of players on both teams that actually played in that game, don't you? 2016 means nothing in this game.

Like you, I won't be shocked if it's a great game. And likewise, I wouldn't be shocked if Clemson won by 2 or 3 scores. But, where we differ is that I also wouldn't be shocked to see the Bucks win be 2 or 3 scores either. I think both teams are loaded on offense, and if they get clicking, can put a hurting on the other. Neither team has faced what they're about to face in this one. So, saying one team is going to react favorably while the other one is going to falter is just wishful thinking. Like you said, there are a lot of variables in this one. I think anything short of the final score being 7-3 is within the realm of possibility.

As far as players go, you are 100% correct.

Without getting in to too much detail, I’d say there are still many familiarities that both teams can capitalize on from previous experiences. I only mentioned that fact to be clear that there is quite a bit of ground to cover. I’m excited to see how Ohio State approaches their defense.

To the second part of your response, I personally just don’t see Ohio State winning by a multi possession margin. I’m not dying to be right about it or anything, because nothing in sports really shocks me now-a-days.

I’ll be happy to admit I’m wrong if they torch the Tigers. Ohio State always has the talent to play so it usually comes down to coaching. We will find out if Ryan Day can get em through.

• 2 weeks later...