Auburn 48 Alabama 45

GrantNKY

I’m surprised no one has brought up Auburn lining the punter up at WR which caused confusion for Alabama. It was that move that apparently caused Alabama to mess up their substitution and get the illegal participation. Saban after game referenced the play as kind of unfair.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m surprised no one has brought up Auburn lining the punter up at WR which caused confusion for Alabama. It was that move that apparently caused Alabama to mess up their substitution and get the illegal participation. Saban after game referenced the play as kind of unfair.

It was a genius move by Auburn. Won them the game.

For those opining that the FG was the difference-maker, I guess I’m more old school. I liken it to a basketball game where a freak basket or a last-second call “decides the game”.

Alabama had sixty minutes to do better. Stop somebody, for crying out loud.

For those opining that the FG was the difference-maker, I guess I’m more old school. I liken it to a basketball game where a freak basket or a last-second call “decides the game”.

Not only that, but I’m sure there was some point in the game where a call benefitted Bama, and eventually turned into points.

With half of those minutes coming after the 3. Not to mention, the field go wasn't a gimme. Auburn's kicker still had to kick a career long field goal. The pick sixes, especially the 100 yarder, were the daggers, not the field goal.

I don’t watch enough college football to be able to comment on how terrible officiating has been. I don’t believe this one call was the reason Alabama lost this game. I also know that replay has generally been good for the game. I also believe that it’s long past due for college to no longer stop the clock with every first down.

Again I agree with all of this. I’m a proponent of college going to all of the same rules as the NFL. 2 feet down. Don’t stop the clock on first down. Having 2 separate sets of rules makes no sense to me.

There was nothing unfair about what Auburn did. Why should someone who is a punter, only be allowed to line up at punter? It is no different when teams put a running back at qb and run the wildcat.

It simply was just a great play design by the Auburn coaches. They were one step ahead of Saban there.

There was nothing unfair about what Auburn did. Why should someone who is a punter, only be allowed to line up at punter? It is no different when teams put a running back at qb and run the wildcat.

It simply was just a great play design by the Auburn coaches. They were one step ahead of Saban there.

I completely agree. It shouldn’t of caused such a panic for Bama but it did. They assumed a punt was coming and sent the punt team then didn’t get them off. Well they got everyone off but the returner. Plenty of blame to go around there. People are giving Malzahn credit for doing it but they really should give him credit for having the foresight to practice it. It wasn’t like they just drew it up on the sideline right before.