Auburn 48 Alabama 45

GrantNKY

I would hate to be on the Bama coaching staff after that last penalty. Not good.

With that said does make you wonder how great Tua is, since Bama offense was still rolling without him. I mean he is very good, and those pick 6s probably don't happen with him. However, they have so much talent on that offense. Much like OSU, it makes it easy for the qbs.

Tua is quite a bit better than Jones, with a healthy Tua Auburn score 14 less and Alabama hangs 60 on them.

That said, this was defense was the worst they've had since Saban got there. Pre-season injuries or not, that D wasn't good.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this Alabama loss clear the way for Utah to make the Final Four? LSU and Georgia have to play in the SEC conference championship game. I assume LSU will get in regardless if they win or lose. Georgia is out if they lose. Utah probably in if they win out.

The argument is going to be between Utah and Oklahoma for the last spot, depending on what each team does tonight and in their conference championship games.

Alabama had too many crazy turnovers and penalties. That last one was something to behold. And the interception and 98 yard run back for an Auburn TD.... whew! That has to leave a sour stomach for Bama fans for a few days.

And why on earth can’t Alabama sign a decent kicker??? A school with their prestige should have their pick of quality kickers.

Because stupid Saban don't believe in giving the kicker a scholarship.

Does this Alabama loss clear the way for Utah to make the Final Four? LSU and Georgia have to play in the SEC conference championship game. I assume LSU will get in regardless if they win or lose. Georgia is out if they lose. Utah probably in if they win out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oklahoma passes Utah in next weeks rankings if Oklahoma wins today and Utah wins ugly against a bad Colorado team right now.

I think when it is all said and done it will definitely be Oklahoma as long as Oklahoma wins tonight and next week.

This game should be going to overtime. Auburn was gifted 3 points by the officials heading in to the half. They shouldn’t have gotten that play off. If it wasn’t for the replay there is zero chance they could rush the FG team on and snap the ball with one second left before the respotted the ball.

While a big play, 3 points with 30 minutes to go doesn’t decide the game. Alabama has plenty of opportunities to stop Auburn from scoring again, and they continued to make penalties and mistakes all through the second half. And even taking the three off the board only gets the game into OT, and there’s no guarantee that ‘Bama wins. If you cant overcome 3 points with a whole half to play, you have no argument you should have won.

While a big play, 3 points with 30 minutes to go doesn’t decide the game. Alabama has plenty of opportunities to stop Auburn from scoring again, and they continued to make penalties and mistakes all through the second half. And even taking the three off the board only gets the game into OT, and there’s no guarantee that ‘Bama wins. If you cant overcome 3 points with a whole half to play, you have no argument you should have won.

Obviously I understand this, but it’s still 3 points and those 3 points changed how each team attacked the rest of the game. It was an absolute gaff from the officials. As soon as the ball is spotted on the first down the official blows the whistle for the clock to start. There is no way Auburn could have ran their offensive personnel off and lined up for the kick in the time it took the official to spot the ball. Obviously there were 30 minutes of football that followed, but that sequence is just inexcusable from the refs. I’m not even sure why it bothers me that much because I wanted Auburn to win, but I want games to be officiated fairly and this wasn’t.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oklahoma passes Utah in next weeks rankings if Oklahoma wins today and Utah wins ugly against a bad Colorado team right now.

I think when it is all said and done it will definitely be Oklahoma as long as Oklahoma wins tonight and next week.

Utah is simply a better football team than Oklahoma from everything I’ve seen.

Obviously I understand this, but it’s still 3 points and those 3 points changed how each team attacked the rest of the game. It was an absolute gaff from the officials. As soon as the ball is spotted on the first down the official blows the whistle for the clock to start. There is no way Auburn could have ran their offensive personnel off and lined up for the kick in the time it took the official to spot the ball. Obviously there were 30 minutes of football that followed, but that sequence is just inexcusable from the refs. I’m not even sure why it bothers me that much because I wanted Auburn to win, but I want games to be officiated fairly and this wasn’t.

Alabama was still up 4 points at halftime. And giving up the late 3 at the end of the half wasn’t was caused them to fumble on the first possession to start the second half, or commit the dumb penalties. If ‘Bama just plays good football in the second half, they win the game. I don’t believe, either team’s game plan would have been all that different in the second half if Auburn had been down 7 to start. In the grand scheme of things, Alabama’s turnovers were much bigger than the 3 Auburn got that they shouldn’t have had.

Utah is simply a better football team than Oklahoma from everything I’ve seen.

The problem with the four-team playoff is one conference is getting left out and if the committee has to pick Oklahoma vs. Utah then they will pick Oklahoma simply because of the name brand that will get more viewers for the playoff.

Alabama was still up 4 points at halftime. And giving up the late 3 at the end of the half wasn’t was caused them to fumble on the first possession to start the second half, or commit the dumb penalties. If ‘Bama just plays good football in the second half, they win the game. I don’t believe, either team’s game plan would have been all that different in the second half if Auburn had been down 7 to start. In the grand scheme of things, Alabama’s turnovers were much bigger than the 3 Auburn got that they shouldn’t have had.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but at the end of the day 3 free points is 3 free points. Bottom line is we don't know how the game would have turned out differently if that is officiated correctly. My point is more about how horrible the officiating has been in college football all year and this is just another in a long line egregious errors.

The problem with the four-team playoff is one conference is getting left out and if the committee has to pick Oklahoma vs. Utah then they will pick Oklahoma simply because of the name brand that will get more viewers for the playoff.

I don’t buy in to conspiracy theories.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but at the end of the day 3 free points is 3 free points. Bottom line is we don't know how the game would have turned out differently if that is officiated correctly. My point is more about how horrible the officiating has been in college football all year and this is just another in a long line egregious errors.

I don’t watch enough college football to be able to comment on how terrible officiating has been. I don’t believe this one call was the reason Alabama lost this game. I also know that replay has generally been good for the game. I also believe that it’s long past due for college to no longer stop the clock with every first down.