Highlands 14 Cooper 7

theguru

wow... I certainly hope no high school football coach spends a minute of their time trolling forums to see what people are saying, especially minutes after the game.

Comments from fans (parents, etc at this level) are part of the territory.

Don't waste your time. I am certain there is plenty to do.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think that if 7 and 21 are in the backfield all season that Cooper would be at least 7-3...possibly 8-2. I’m sure I’ll get a big, multi-paragraph explanation from the coach as to why I’m stupid and wrong but you can’t convince me otherwise.

I agree. I see this said about a lot of high school coaches needing to learn how to coach. I'm kind of surprised this hasn't happened yet. There are coaching clinics across the nation at big colleges, and just everywhere that high school coaches go to. I'm surprised there hasn't been a coaching clinic created yet called like "People in the stands teach you the game", or "Youth football coaches lead the way". You know something where high school coaches can go to and learn the right way to coach from these people. I'm sure there would be good money to be made, because high school coaches would be waiting in long lines to sign up so they can learn how to coach. So hopefully people start making coaching clinics like that, because high school coaches need to start learning how to coach for sure.

Anybody who gets on here and defends the coaching staff at Cooper knows nothing about football. Not only is it bad play-calling its bad play design. I'm tired of seeing Cooper lose to teams that there obviously better than and then there's people like you that come on here and blame the kids when it's obviously the coaches. Those kids played they heart out despite the coaches.

I still think that if 7 and 21 are in the backfield all season that Cooper would be at least 7-3...possibly 8-2. I’m sure I’ll get a big, multi-paragraph explanation from the coach as to why I’m stupid and wrong but you can’t convince me otherwise.

This seems to be the theme across Nky for years now.

If you’re not named CovCath Beechwood Conner NewCath and maybe another then the general consensus by parents and fans is the coaching is just bad.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

Anybody who gets on here and defends the coaching staff at Cooper knows nothing about football. Not only is it bad play-calling its bad play design. I'm tired of seeing Cooper lose to teams that there obviously better than and then there's people like you that come on here and blame the kids when it's obviously the coaches. Those kids played they heart out despite the coaches.

No one blamed the kids at Cooper. They definitely played their hearts out from what I saw last night. Which is all you can ask for from young men. With that said I'm sure you also know a kid can play their heart out and still make mistakes correct? Like you may go hard as you can, but the person you were suppose to block, you didn't and that person made the play. Or a qb makes a bad read and ends up a bad play. Or a guy on defense is suppose to have a certain area, but goes to wide, etc. A player can play hard and make mistakes. Just like any coach who ever has coached. I don't know one who would ever say man I called the perfect game today every play. Coaches usually are their own biggest critic, but yet some seem to think coaches are just like darn oh well. I guarntee almost every coach ever both offensively and defensively go back and re think every call and would like to have some calls back. Then also look back and also see some calls were the right calls, but players maybe didn't make the right block, or the right read. Which most people who watch a game, don't really know what was supposed to happen. So if a play gets blown up for no gain. From the stands it looks like man that was a bad play call. When in reality the guy who made the play was suppose to be blocked, but someone missed a blocking assignment. No player or coach has ever played or coached the perfect game.

If you noticed I have been in Highlands, Ryle threads etc. Basicslly saying the same things in those threads too defending coaches because it seems like people outside of all those programs always think they have all the answers. Everyone has their own opinion and entitled to it. That's why in any thread at any schools where people may say I wonder why they called this specific play, or why did they go for it on 4th down, etc. You really won't see me say a thing, because it is natural to second guess things after the fact. However, people at all these schools don't do that. They go straight for coaches are horrible, they need to learn now to coach, etc. Which is where I replied the same in Highlands and Ryle game threads too, when people say the same about coaches at those programs.

No one blamed the kids at Cooper. They definitely played their hearts out from what I saw last night. Which is all you can ask for from young men. With that said I'm sure you also know a kid can play their heart out and still make mistakes correct? Like you may go hard as you can, but the person you were suppose to block, you didn't and that person made the play. Or a qb makes a bad read and ends up a bad play. Or a guy on defense is suppose to have a certain area, but goes to wide, etc. A player can play hard and make mistakes. Just like any coach who ever has coached. I don't know one who would ever say man I called the perfect game today every play. Coaches usually are their own biggest critic, but yet some seem to think coaches are just like darn oh well. I guarntee almost every coach ever both offensively and defensively go back and re think every call and would like to have some calls back. Then also look back and also see some calls were the right calls, but players maybe didn't make the right block, or the right read. Which most people who watch a game, don't really know what was supposed to happen. So if a play gets blown up for no gain. From the stands it looks like man that was a bad play call. When in reality the guy who made the play was suppose to be blocked, but someone missed a blocking assignment. No player or coach has ever played or coached the perfect game.

If you noticed I have been in Highlands, Ryle threads etc. Basicslly saying the same things in those threads too defending coaches because it seems like people outside of all those programs always think they have all the answers. Everyone has their own opinion and entitled to it. That's why in any thread at any schools where people may say I wonder why they called this specific play, or why did they go for it on 4th down, etc. You really won't see me say a thing, because it is natural to second guess things after the fact. However, people at all these schools don't do that. They go straight for coaches are horrible, they need to learn now to coach, etc. Which is where I replied the same in Highlands and Ryle game threads too, when people say the same about coaches at those programs.

Well said. It is the times we live in. The criticism is much more public in message boards then it was sitting around the barber shop or the local diner.

The only thing wrong was turnovers. A team can lose a game even if they out play them, when the other team made 5 big game changing plays. Highlands offense basically had 2 big plays on offense, and then the 3 turnovers Cooper had. Highlands had 200 yards offense, 100 yards of that came on two plays and those two plays were tds.

Yeah, turnovers are an important part of the game. Usually the team that wins the turnovers battle wins the game. The way to fix this is to not turn it over.

-Captain Obvious

Edited by El Diablo

There wouldn't be so many mistakes if the kids were put in the right position to succeed. Cooper doesn't need excellence from the coach just competence. Cooper's coaches would rather die they way then admit they was wrong. 21 should have been starting all year 7 should have been back at quarterback after the first couple games and if the coaches didn't run off two starting receivers 81 would have had somebody out there to help him. Its ridiculous to watch and I feel sorry for the the kids that really put they all into the game to keep on coming up short because of stupidity and arrogance.

Who will Highlands and Cooper play first round? I heard Cov Cath and Conner somewhere but I thought you got paired with another district? Or did that all change? For example Highlands and Cov Cath used to face off in the third round right?