Highlands 14 Cooper 7

theguru

Oldercoach, I agree. Coaches do deserve a "heartfelt thankyou." Coaches dedicate a significant amount of time and energy to the craft for little to no compensation. However, I never met a coach worth his/her salt concerned with the compansation. Teaching, mentoring and building a program is usually enough compensation to keep moving forward. The players are the output. How they prepare for the game, play the game and work on the next week or season. Again I will say it, the work ethic and personality of the team is a direct reflection of the coach or coaches. Its the culture. You reap what you sow.

In a previous post in this thread the following statement was made...

"People in the stands teach you the game", or "Youth football coaches lead the way". You know something where high school coaches can go to and learn the right way to coach from these people.

This is concerning because this has been overheard being said by people in the program. I certainly hope there is no coach trolling this website looking to see what people are saying but I cant help but think it is happening. What is the benefit? How does it help the program or the culture?

The idea that this is a Cooper, Ryle etc thing only might be true because the Cov Caths and other "PROGRAMS" might actually deal with it differently. They might engage the entire community and not just the people that they control - the players.

Friday is over. Its in the rear view mirror. Need to be looking ahead to the playoff game. Its win or go home time. Gut check time.

Go Jags.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldercoach, I agree. Coaches do deserve a "heartfelt thankyou." Coaches dedicate a significant amount of time and energy to the craft for little to no compensation. However, I never met a coach worth his/her salt concerned with the compansation. Teaching, mentoring and building a program is usually enough compensation to keep moving forward. The players are the output. How they prepare for the game, play the game and work on the next week or season. Again I will say it, the work ethic and personality of the team is a direct reflection of the coach or coaches. Its the culture. You reap what you sow.

In a previous post in this thread the following statement was made...

"People in the stands teach you the game", or "Youth football coaches lead the way". You know something where high school coaches can go to and learn the right way to coach from these people.

This is concerning because this has been overheard being said by people in the program. I certainly hope there is no coach trolling this website looking to see what people are saying but I cant help but think it is happening. What is the benefit? How does it help the program or the culture?

The idea that this is a Cooper, Ryle etc thing only might be true because the Cov Caths and other "PROGRAMS" might actually deal with it differently. They might engage the entire community and not just the people that they control - the players.

Friday is over. Its in the rear view mirror. Need to be looking ahead to the playoff game. Its win or go home time. Gut check time.

Go Jags.

Re the bold ... I believe there was a heavy dose of sarcasm in that post.

I agree there was sarcasm. I also believe there is some truth in sarcasm. Add that to actually hearing similar things coming out of people within the program. Just find it to be revealing.

The playoff game is all that matters right now. The players and coaches need to get this bye week in, heal and re-focus on the task at hand.

I still can't believe that the "General Lee" #7 didn't touch the Ball in space the last series of downs for Cooper. 1st and Goal! If he did then I missed it....But every time Cooper would direct snap it to him it was at least a 5-10 yard gain on the Edge. Speed kills! You would of thought that Cooper would of thrown a Bubble Screen or something to him at one point. Like I said Speed kills and that Kid is scary good in space. Kudos for Highlands defense for stopping whatever was thrown at them the last series. Job well done there! But could of easily been a OT scenario between Highlands and Cooper Friday.

Go Birds!

I still can't believe that the "General Lee" #7 didn't touch the Ball in space the last series of downs for Cooper. 1st and Goal! If he did then I missed it....But every time Cooper would direct snap it to him it was at least a 5-10 yard gain on the Edge. Speed kills! You would of thought that Cooper would of thrown a Bubble Screen or something to him at one point. Like I said Speed kills and that Kid is scary good in space. Kudos for Highlands defense for stopping whatever was thrown at them the last series. Job well done there! But could of easily been a OT scenario between Highlands and Cooper Friday.

Go Birds!

Highlands D stiffened up when it had too.

Edited by NKYCoach859
Spelling