San Francisco 41 Cincinnati 17

Based on this game, everything the “experts” said pre season is true. I didn’t expect us to be this bad.

Neither did I.

I have the NFL package and I flip it around a lot watching the other games. The passion, effort and just flat out competitiveness these other teams play with (except for Miami) compared to the Bengals is just completely embarrassing.

You can have all the passion, competitiveness, desire, etc. that you want and if you are outmatched by the other team you will look "flat". When did "flat" kick in? Were the Bengals "flat" when they drove down the field and tied the game at 7? Were they "flat" when they intercepted the pass and were in great field position to tie it up at 14? Had they quit when they scored the TD to make it 41-17 late in the game? Someone please tell me when it was so obvious they were "flat" or they quit?

The speed difference across the field in almost every position group was clearly in favor of the 49ers. This game had little to nothing to do with effort. It had everything to do with the 49ers clearly being more talented and faster than the Bengals.

Final a pitiful showing for the home opener by the Bengals. The Bengals are now 0-2 as the travel to take on the 2-0 Buffalo Bills. Hopefully they play better and with more heart than they showed today.

That was hard to watch.

I feel like the season is over already for the Bengals, I hope I am wrong.

Based on this game, everything the “experts” said pre season is true. I didn’t expect us to be this bad.

Neither did I.

I have the NFL package and I flip it around a lot watching the other games. The passion, effort and just flat out competitiveness these other teams play with (except for Miami) compared to the Bengals is just completely embarrassing.

I was at the debacle of a game, and I don't think it was effort. These guys were P'd off and could tell they were trying to find any kind of answer when on the sideline.

I chalk this one up more on coaching and scheme especially defensively. Being there at the game it was obvious the 49ers after seeing the scheme the Bengals used in week one made adjustments to counter what the Bengals did the previous week of using 5 man d line man. This was the first time these new coaches got to see how a team would adjust to play against what they were doing. Now it's on the Bengals coaches to figure out how to counter the perfect adjustments and game plan the 49ers had for today.

Watching the game live it wasn't as much effort as it was the 49ers knew exactly how to attack the Bengals. If you watched the run game, the 49ers had the Bengals completely out numbered each way they ran the ball. The scheme today didnt really give the Bengals defenders much of a chance. Then once that run game was going, there was no way they was going to be able to stop the play action pass.

We will get to see what our new coaches are made of and what their answer is to the game plan the 49ers had to counter what the Bengals unveiled in week one. With new coaches it also is a learning experience. Let's see how they handle it.

You can have all the passion, competitiveness, desire, etc. that you want and if you are outmatched by the other team you will look "flat". When did "flat" kick in? Were the Bengals "flat" when they drove down the field and tied the game at 7? Were they "flat" when they intercepted the pass and were in great field position to tie it up at 14? Had they quit when they scored the TD to make it 41-17 late in the game? Someone please tell me when it was so obvious they were "flat" or they quit?

The speed difference across the field in almost every position group was clearly in favor of the 49ers. This game had little to nothing to do with effort. It had everything to do with the 49ers clearly being more talented and faster than the Bengals.

Agreed! I would also throw in a superior game plan by the 49ers as I mentioned in the long post. The 49ers had a chance to have a week of film to see how Taylor and the coaches did things. Now it is time for Taylor and the coaches to make the adjustments themselves, now that they saw what an answer to what they were doing is.

People always just like to say its effort when beat downs like this happened. However, me and you always seem to agree on this that lack of effort rarely is the reason.

C’mon guys, all the reaching on tackles (using the term loosely!), getting blown off the ball on the off and def sides both, yeah, we can blame it on the coaches and scheme, just like we did with Marvin but that’s what high school parents do, time to quit using that excuse and own up! I remember watching a Larry Bird special, he said in his rookie year he was livid when they lost their first game and an old vet told him, “take it easy rook, there are no wins or loses on your paycheck”, seems we’ve got several guys take that attitude, I’m not saying everybody but if can say you don’t think any of those guys quit today you’re being very naive in my judgement, we had several just picking up their paycheck with no wins or losses on it!