Trinity vs Henry Clay. Who wins and Why?

SHAMROCK69

Who wins?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

The crystal ball is resting now but if you'll read my post/prediction in the Male/T thread you'll see the uncanny ability it has... I do recall these Trinity men going to HC as freshman and escaping with a 7-6 victory... should be a good one! Crystal ball will be recharged by mid week... stay tuned. Congrats to both teams for getting this far!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry Clay has a brand new stadium which opened up in the playoffs last year. I'm not sure on the seating capacity, but it is a nice facility.

As for getting to the game there are a bunch of options coming from Louisville.

Probably the easiest way would be taking I-64 E to I-75 South and exiting at the Southern-most Lexington exit (Athens) and turning right onto Richmond Road going into Lexington. After approximately 6-8 miles turn left on Fontaine Rd (look for a Fazoli's on the right past New Circle Road), go up the hill and your at Henry Clay.

An alternative to that would be exiting at the Man O War exit and turning right. Turn right onto Richmond Road, go 3-4 miles and turn left onto Fontaine Road.

These are the easiest ways without having to make a bunch of turns going through downtown Lexington.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I better get there early.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work until 5 that day and won't be able to get off. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

No way. I have to work til 5p.m. as well. They can tell the TV crew to take a long lunch hour and televise it at 7:30pm.

As for the prediction, I'll have to think about it till later this week. Can't get the Male game out of my head. :ylsuper:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work until 5 that day and won't be able to get off. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wah, wah. Take the half day off. Since you won't have to take off any time if you make it to the finals and the two of the other three classes will have to by playing Friday during the day.

The TV exposure would be great for all the programs. And they could probably play the game just as well if there were no fans anyway. It's about the kids not the fans.

I really don't know the potocol of changing the time of a playoff game, but if the Rocks have to agree it aint happening. A two o'clock game on a Friday over an hour away for the chance to advance to state. I don't think so. Thanks for asking.

Wah, wah. Take the half day off. Since you won't have to take off any time if you make it to the finals and the two of the other three classes will have to by playing Friday during the day.

The TV exposure would be great for all the programs. And they could probably play the game just as well if there were no fans anyway. It's about the kids not the fans.

It's a tad bit difficult when you start a new job that has limited coverage around the holidays to begin with. No time to ask for it off, no ability to ask for it off as everyone else in the company had their times put in months before I started there. Essentially I am SOL on a day that we shouldn't even be open.

This is of course provided that the game is that early.

For those who may be wondering why the Thanksgiving Day practice is being mentioned so much, let me try to explain. It means first of all that Trinity has made it to the semi-final game of the state. It is the team's last practice before the game and is held on T-day morning. It is attended by parents , relatives, fans, former players (many of the recent ones in town for Thanksgiving break from college), former coaches and anyone else who has an interest in Trinity football. Tickets for the game are sold and travel plans for out-of-town games are made. Hot chocolate, coffee, doughnuts etc. are provided, usually for free (donations are accepted) by the Shamrock Moms, a Trinity support group.

It is a relaxed, convivial occasion where old acquaintances are renewed and new ones are made, all in an atmosphere of one common bond: Trinity football. People talk about the team, the season to date, the upcoming game, get caught up with each other's families, etc. At the risk of sounding oxymoronic, it is somewhat like a subdued pep rally among folks of all ages and backgrounds. Depending on the weather, probably 400 - 600 people attend, not counting players. It is an event that has been happening for, I'm estimating, 15 years. I don't think it was ever formally planned. it just happened and evolved. It is a fun time and people look forward to it as a great start to their Thanksgiving Day and the semi-final game.

I think the kids would rather play in front of FULL stands then be on TV. If you start the game at 2 then the number of fans from Louisville will be down and IMVHO that is unfair to the kids.