Trinity vs Henry Clay. Who wins and Why?

SHAMROCK69

Who wins?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Someone that has seen HC please tell me about their QB.

Henry Clay's QB is a first year starter, a senior (I think). Henry Clay runs the Tony Franklin system so they throw the ball around a lot. The QB is surrounded by a lot of talent; they have a very big offensive line, a solid running game, and the best recieving core in the state.

If Trinity gets a lot of pressure on Henry Clay's QB or if he gets rattled early, Chase Minnifield will go to QB no doubt. Minnifield is one of the best athletes in the state and is commited to Virginia.

Someone who saw the Henry Clay/Bell County game might want to confirm this but I was told Bell Co. was up 14-0, Henry Clay put Minnifield at QB and he scored 4 TD's to give HC a 28-14 win.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may know of a team that might debate that point

There are a lot of teams that would debate that.

I am a non Henry Clay fan but the fact is they have 3 D1 recievers. Minnifield is commited to Virginia, Jeter has D1 offers, and Boyd will no doubt get offers given his size and speed and him only being a Junior.

If there is another team in KY with a set of recievers better than that then I would like to see them.

Someone that has seen HC please tell me about their QB.

Henry Clay's QB is a first year starter, a senior (I think). Henry Clay runs the Tony Franklin system so they throw the ball around a lot. The QB is surrounded by a lot of talent; they have a very big offensive line, a solid running game, and the best recieving core in the state.

If Trinity gets a lot of pressure on Henry Clay's QB or if he gets rattled early, Chase Minnifield will go to QB no doubt. Minnifield is one of the best athletes in the state and is commited to Virginia.

Someone who saw the Henry Clay/Bell County game might want to confirm this but I was told Bell Co. was up 14-0, Henry Clay put Minnifield at QB and he scored 4 TD's to give HC a 28-14 win.

Thanks for the info. One question, if Minnifield is the answer at QB, why doesn't he start and play there? I would like to have an athlete like that touch the ball as much as possible. Bob Redman did this with Bush his senior year. Doesn't seem logical to waste the kid at WR where he gets the ball 10 to 12 times max.

This game is supremely scary as both of these teams are loaded...no doubt. Two things that seem to be in favor of Trinity is the QB, being that Petrino is well seasoned, and knows how to win the big ones. #2, is coaching, I think Sam has done a great job of turning Henry Clay into a nasty team, but sometimes it seems as though he gets in the way of what HC could really do...Those two factors, should hopefully overcome the revenge sentiment, and the home field advantage...I am very happy that HC has an artificial surface.

It really seems from reading all of the post on this game and then reading the post on the Trinity/St. X game earlier in the year that Trinity posters might be more worried about Henry Clay than they were with St. X. Is this somewhat correct on my part?

There sure is a lot of respect being shown by both parties on this game, as it should be.

It really seems from reading all of the post on this game and then reading the post on the Trinity/St. X game earlier in the year that Trinity posters might be more worried about Henry Clay than they were with St. X. Is this somewhat correct on my part?

There sure is a lot of respect being shown by both parties on this game, as it should be.

I think there are a few factors. First, you don't get to this game unless you are very good. Second, very good receivers give Trinity trouble. Third, it is tough to sustain emotion after a win like Trinity had last Friday. All of these add up to make this a tough game. Trinity needs avery good week of practice and a HUGE BIG GREEN CROWD to support the team on Friday.

I think that HC should just forfiet the game and accept the fact that Trinity will win this game by at least 3 TD's. By Forfieting the game, HC can enjoy the very successful year they have had and go out winning their last game. Just see no real reason to play this game with the outcome for sure to be all Trinity. With the HC stadium (eventhough its new) being so small, it just can't handle the crowd of a semi-final game with all of the Trinity faithful. Just can't see why HC would want to take such a beatin on their own home field in late November. Good Luck to both teams.

^^^ I'm inferring sarcasm(?)

IMO, this will be a close game. After Trinity and Male I think Henry Clay is the next best 4A team. The travesty of the new playoff system (as I've mentioned in other posts) is that the state runner-up will be nowhere near the second best team in the state.

I think there are a few factors. First, you don't get to this game unless you are very good. Second, very good receivers give Trinity trouble. Third, it is tough to sustain emotion after a win like Trinity had last Friday. All of these add up to make this a tough game. Trinity needs avery good week of practice and a HUGE BIG GREEN CROWD to support the team on Friday.

Thanks TA.

I think that HC should just forfiet the game and accept the fact that Trinity will win this game by at least 3 TD's. By Forfieting the game, HC can enjoy the very successful year they have had and go out winning their last game. Just see no real reason to play this game with the outcome for sure to be all Trinity. With the HC stadium (eventhough its new) being so small, it just can't handle the crowd of a semi-final game with all of the Trinity faithful. Just can't see why HC would want to take such a beatin on their own home field in late November. Good Luck to both teams.

How can a St. X fan make such a statement??? Have you even seen HC play this year? I doubt it. Trinity coaches, players and fans will give HC the respect they deserve......because they don't make stupid comments. Good luck to both teams, but more to the ROCKS. GO ROCKS.....

How can a St. X fan make such a statement??? Have you even seen HC play this year? I doubt it. Trinity coaches, players and fans will give HC the respect they deserve......because they don't make stupid comments. Good luck to both teams, but more to the ROCKS. GO ROCKS.....

Is it possible that the post was tongue in cheek, similar to the Trinity poster writng of the Male game:

"Its official, we're doomed. The new guy in CJ picked the Rocks to win. I wish Jody would have told him not to do that. We're doomed I tell ya!!!" [Posted 11-17-06].