Trinity vs Henry Clay. Who wins and Why?

SHAMROCK69

Who wins?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible that the post was tongue in cheek, similar to the Trinity poster writng of the Male game:

"Its official, we're doomed. The new guy in CJ picked the Rocks to win. I wish Jody would have told him not to do that. We're doomed I tell ya!!!" [Posted 11-17-06].

One large difference my old friend. That poster was talking about his own team (only slightly T in C). FYI, I'll have a similar post if and when Jody or his little buddy picks us to win Friday. This should be a pretty good game. HC has loads of talent and they are at home.

Henry Clay has a brand new stadium which opened up in the playoffs last year. I'm not sure on the seating capacity, but it is a nice facility.

As for getting to the game there are a bunch of options coming from Louisville.

Probably the easiest way would be taking I-64 E to I-75 South and exiting at the Southern-most Lexington exit (Athens) and turning right onto Richmond Road going into Lexington. After approximately 6-8 miles turn left on Fontaine Rd (look for a Fazoli's on the right past New Circle Road), go up the hill and your at Henry Clay.

An alternative to that would be exiting at the Man O War exit and turning right. Turn right onto Richmond Road, go 3-4 miles and turn left onto Fontaine Road.

These are the easiest ways without having to make a bunch of turns going through downtown Lexington.

Stadium seats app. 5000.

I find it amaizing that throughout this season, HC has recieved very little, if any respect from the Louisville area, teams, fans, coaches etc. Now. that HC has earned the right to host a Semi-Final game, all one hears on the net is that they are loaded with talent and have athletes all over the place... Sure did not hear their number being called three weeks ago. As in all sports, one must build up the opponent to prepare the troops for the battle at hand. I would be shocked if HC won this game. It might be close for a half, but lets not get too carried away with the supurlatives of a team that was not given to much a chance by a great majority to be where they are today. Absolutely no disrespect to HC. They have earned the right. Good luck to both teams. Looks as if the weather will be super.

I find it amaizing that throughout this season, HC has recieved very little, if any respect from the Louisville area, teams, fans, coaches etc. Now. that HC has earned the right to host a Semi-Final game, all one hears on the net is that they are loaded with talent and have athletes all over the place... Sure did not hear their number being called three weeks ago. As in all sports, one must build up the opponent to prepare the troops for the battle at hand. I would be shocked if HC won this game. It might be close for a half, but lets not get too carried away with the supurlatives of a team that was not given to much a chance by a great majority to be where they are today. Absolutely no disrespect to HC. They have earned the right. Good luck to both teams. Looks as if the weather will be super.

Well I think it is because the third game of the playoffs more than likely was going to be Trinity vs Male/St.X. Everyone was so excited about that matchup. Now that it is over everyone is looking at H.C

Personally I think if T can stop the passing of HC they have it, but only time will tell.:cool:

I think that everyone has been high on HC's talent all year (last year too). It remains to be seen if that can translate in to success on the field in the final rounds of the play-offs. If you check the various rankings they are usually one of the highest ranked non-Louisville 4A teams in the poll. I for one am on record as saying that HC last year was as talented as any team on the western side of the bracket. They were a very good team last year, but the Rocks just played better in the semi-final.

If trinity goes in the the mind set they did vs Male, no one will beat T. That being said, if they don't HC is a good team and will not be scared to jump on T if given the opportunity.

How many T fans do you think will show up???:banana:

ALOT :dancingpa

Being as i played on the team that beat henry clay i can say that they are a very talented team and deserve more respect than some of the posters. I do agree that they have the best recieving core in the state and they have the speed that can put alot of points on the board in a very short amount of time.

Boyd has great size and speed but Phillipi tends to look for Jeter or Minniefield before checking down to boyd. They are especially vunerable on punt returns and onsides kicks(which Lafayette recovered on the first play of the game) and on an emotional senior night, the HC crowd was a non-factor.

Things to watch out for

Phillipi is a great runner and can tuck and run for many yards so the rocks IMO should keep a qb spy, maybe a middle linebacker to keep HC from breaking big runs.

-The best team i have seen yet in the open field SPEED to kill

-Can be taken out of the game mentally when behind. When faced with adversity HC is very turnover prone

This will be the first time i get to see the rocks play and im looking foward to watching them and their fabled crowd that i hear so much about.

My prediction is...

T-38

HC-27

Good Luck to Both Teams!

Being as i played on the team that beat henry clay i can say that they are a very talented team and deserve more respect than some of the posters. I do agree that they have the best recieving core in the state and they have the speed that can put alot of points on the board in a very short amount of time.

Boyd has great size and speed but Phillipi tends to look for Jeter or Minniefield before checking down to boyd. They are especially vunerable on punt returns and onsides kicks(which Lafayette recovered on the first play of the game) and on an emotional senior night, the HC crowd was a non-factor.

Things to watch out for

Phillipi is a great runner and can tuck and run for many yards so the rocks IMO should keep a qb spy, maybe a middle linebacker to keep HC from breaking big runs.

-The best team i have seen yet in the open field SPEED to kill

-Can be taken out of the game mentally when behind. When faced with adversity HC is very turnover prone

This will be the first time i get to see the rocks play and im looking foward to watching them and their fabled crowd that i hear so much about.

My prediction is...

T-38

HC-27

Good Luck to Both Teams!

Great post young man....good luck to you...

I look for this to be a battle for the ages...really.

This is killing me. Let's see... if the Dayton-Louisville game starts at 5 p.m. in Cincinnati, it should be over before 7:30 leaving me enough time to get to the stadium in Lexington by about halftime. Rats. I'll figure this out somehow.

Henry Clay's offense is formidable; that much is certain. But it's not what frightens me in this game. Trinity just outscored the best offensive team in Kentucky last weekend. I firmly believe that the championship is now Trinity's to lose and the emotional high of last Friday may be too much to match for the next two weekends. This is a solid Trinity defense that dealt with Male about as well as anyone could hope and I expect more of the same this week against a fast, talented team.

Trinity 42

Henry Clay 24