Michigan-Ohio State on Saturday should only be Part 1

gametime

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The KHSAA design for a title has never been to end with #1 vs #2. Apples and anchovies...

Mmmm... apples and anchovies... just like mom used to make.

It was a poorly-designed cheap shot; fair enough.

But isn't one of the biggest complaints about the new KHSAA playoff that everybody had to see their team face off against a team they just played a couple weeks before? The loser of the OSU-Michigan game will have had their shot... step aside.

What kills me about this whole thing is that the NCAA has gotten us all in a fit about this BCS title game so that we've stopped complaining about what a sham the whole system is. We're using the most absurd and infinitesimal points of contention to talk about who gets to play in this single game when we should all be talking about how the ADs that continue to put force behind the BCS should be strung up by their shoelaces. Boo to the rematch title.

What kills me about this whole thing is that the NCAA has gotten us all in a fit about this BCS title game so that we've stopped complaining about what a sham the whole system is. We're using the most absurd and infinitesimal points of contention to talk about who gets to play in this single game when we should all be talking about how the ADs that continue to put force behind the BCS should be strung up by their shoelaces. Boo to the rematch title.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything more hypocritical in my life. The ADs and conferences outside the Big 11 are OUTRAGED that this could happen? Why? Because they thought part of their shady deal would prevent it. And it's worse this year because every conference has teams in and out of the hunt. With everyone's hope up that knowing #1 and #2 would play and open a spot, it's spiraling out of control. And those against it are HOLDING UP the sham that is the BCS by calling it out...

What will be bad about it? The way I see it, the system denying the two best teams from playing for the title is bad for college football...

Let's say that this comes true. OSU/Michigan play a tough game in the regular season. They rematch in the National Championship and the same winner of the first game wins. There is going to be A LOT of people calling for the heads of the BCS Committee. Good argument, but will it happen, NO! Write it down!.

My head hurts... maybe if I'd gone to a football school I'd understand any of it. When do the UDayton Flyers tip off again?

My desire to see what I want out of college football breaks my heart when it props up the BCS. I don't want these two to meet again because I'll have done that one already and moved on. But, anything that makes the BCS look ridiculous... good. Heck with it... I'm going to watch the Blue Jackets game I TiVo'ed... I'm done with this sport until Friday.

My head hurts... maybe if I'd gone to a football school I'd understand any of it. When do the UDayton Flyers tip off again?

My desire to see what I want out of college football breaks my heart when it props up the BCS. I don't want these two to meet again because I'll have done that one already and moved on. But, anything that makes the BCS look ridiculous... good. Heck with it... I'm going to watch the Blue Jackets game I TiVo'ed... I'm done with this sport until Friday.

BCS won't care, and the system will never change.

Why?????

Because they make a huge amount of money off of each school playing in the bowl system that exists now. Nothing will ever change it.

The only thing I could see changing it is having Dickie V call college football games. Everytime he is on the air about college football he calls for a playoff system.

I wish it would happen (the playoff system) between 14 different teams. Give the #1/2 a bye. And play on from there.

What will be bad about it? The way I see it, the system denying the two best teams from playing for the title is bad for college football...

Obviously , some may disagree with your assessment of the two best teams. As I said, look for USC and now ND to have some potential say in this matter.

Should USC win out but lose to ND AND should Florida fall in one of their remaining games, you've got ND sitting there. It could get VERY interesting.

Obviously , some may disagree with your assessment of the two best teams. As I said, look for USC and now ND to have some potential say in this matter.

Should USC win out but lose to ND AND should Florida fall in one of their remaining games, you've got ND sitting there. It could get VERY interesting.

So you'd put ND in over UM if tO$U wins a close one in the Shoe in this situation...

I think the only way there should be a rematch is if either all other one loss teams lose again or the first game is ultra close. Even as little as a 10 point game or a score closer than that that wasn't actually that close would mean to me that a USC or Notre Dame that wins out would be more deserving. I think the pecking order should go:

-USC win out

-OSU/Michigan Loser (If it's close and Notre Dame is not super impressive in winning out)

-Notre Dame win out

-Florida win out

-OSU/Michigan Loser (in the scenario where it's not ultra close)

-Arkansas win out

-Rutgers win out

The only teams that really would have an argument IMO are USC and Florida. Both of those teams fell to conference foes midseason. Arkansas might end up with one loss, but it was a blowout to USC. Notre Dame might end up with one loss, but it was a convincing one to Michigan. I am discounting Rutgers because I don't think they will win out.

I am with RockPride that I just don't think that a rematch OSU-Mich game will be good for the fans and therefore the game. It takes the sizzle out of the month of December anticipation. "We've just seen this . . ." and so on and so forth.

If USC wins out, they also will be awfully hard to argue against given the level of competition down the stretch, ranked Oregon, ranked Cal, No. 5 Notre Dame, and cross-town rivalry game with UCLA.

I know they lost to Oregon St., but it just amazes me how they are able to compete at this high level after losing all the players they did last year.