Suprise BCS Rankings...

98NCCalum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could Notre Dame slip into the Nation Championship game? Of course, USC and Florida would have to lose as well as Rutgers would have to lose to WVU. It will probably be OSU/Michigan winner vs USC, but if Florida wins out should they be there instead of USC?

I was thinking this same thing Saturday night. If Florida loses, which is very possible, and ND was able to beat USC(possible, but hard), then I think the Irish would have a good shot at getting in. I think Rutgers will lose to WV.

uggggghhhhh.

HUGE Problem = Conferences without TITLE games

Florida (and others) play tough teams that are NOT scheduled while other high ranking teams don't have to (OSU, Mich, ND. USC, UL, WVU, Rutgers, .)

Those teams are getting away without risking another loss by being in a conference championship.

7 of the top 10 BCS teams DON"T have a championship while the other 2 will have to face each other and one gets a loss.

A loss for playing an unscheduled top ranked opponent.

I think that it becomes a war of attrition at that point, and that the loser of the tO$U/UM game gets in the NC slot. Arkansas won't leap ND, that's for sure. But I think your going to have a tough sell, and too much ground to make up on either tO$U or UM. If you'd lost a close game to UM I think it'd be a different story, but no way do the human polls put ND ahead of UM considering that loss. Best case scenario, ND blows out USC and tO$U gets blown out my UM. Good luck with either of those.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. If ND does beat USC and UM loses, I think ND very well can get pushed ahead of UM in the human polls. I mean just look at UL and WVU. UL beat WVU but after a lost to a undefeated team in Rugers they get moved behind WVU. You never know what the human polls are going to do...

Let me tell you guys something...if Notre Dame wins out, it will not matter what Florida does...bank on that...though I don't think that they'll win out.

The machines might disagree with that. I was listening to Mike and Mike discuss it and the biggest problem ND has is schedule. They didn't plan on MSU, Georgia Tech, Penn State and North Carolina to fall into such mediocrity or worse. If Florida wins out, their schedule alone gives them BCS credibility that ND would be lacking even with a win over USC.

Florida has a chance to make a huge case for themselves by staying clean until the SEC Title game and then beating the SEC West Champ. If USC has stayed unbeaten for the Irish to pick off it would be a different story but USC's loss to Oregon State hurts the Irish worse than the Trojans.

The machines might disagree with that. I was listening to Mike and Mike discuss it and the biggest problem ND has is schedule. They didn't plan on MSU, Georgia Tech, Penn State and North Carolina to fall into such mediocrity or worse. If Florida wins out, their schedule alone gives them BCS credibility that ND would be lacking even with a win over USC.

Florida has a chance to make a huge case for themselves by staying clean until the SEC Title game and then beating the SEC West Champ. If USC has stayed unbeaten for the Irish to pick off it would be a different story but USC's loss to Oregon State hurts the Irish worse than the Trojans.

I dont know why you put Georgia Tech in there because Im pretty sure they are playing in the ACC Title game, and could be playing in a BCS bowl. So I dont think you can call them mediocre.

The USC loss at the time did hurt, but since now USC is back up to #3 in the BCS it helps ND out again if they beat USC...ND if they win out has a realistic shot at having beat 2 out of 3 teams that would be in a BCS game. So I think that is a pretty good resume if they win out...

uggggghhhhh.

HUGE Problem = Conferences without TITLE games

Florida (and others) play tough teams that are NOT scheduled while other high ranking teams don't have to (OSU, Mich, ND. USC, UL, WVU, Rutgers, .)

Those teams are getting away without risking another loss by being in a conference championship.

7 of the top 10 BCS teams DON"T have a championship while the other 2 will have to face each other and one gets a loss.

A loss for playing an unscheduled top ranked opponent.

I see it as

HUGE Problem = Conferences WITH title games

since it's their GREED and their GREED ALONE that caused this problem for themselves. They don't have title games to firgue out who the best team is. They have it for an extra game and the revenue that brings.

I see it as

HUGE Problem = Conferences WITH title games

since it's their GREED and their GREED ALONE that caused this problem for themselves. They don't have title games to firgue out who the best team is. They have it for an extra game and the revenue that brings.

:dancingpa :dancingpa