Brohm and Bush

gametime

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just not sure about this, being about the same age as the both of them. The one thing I can think of is they'll MORE THAN LIKELY always have the opportunity of playing in the NFL. The league isn't going anywhere. However, you can't go back and play in college once you've left. They've been in championships every step of the way so far EXCEPT, college. Why not give it one more shot.

For the sake of their draft status, both need to come back.

I think Brohm has started no more than 15 college games and has shown he is prone to injury. He has times when he looks like a top 5 pick, other times he is inconsistent (like last night, granted all of it wasn't on him).

Bush needs to come back as well. I don't think any teams are going to take a chance with him until the 3rd round without proving the injury is gone. I doubt anyone will take a Willis McGahee type of chance on him like the Bills did.

It would be a win-win situation for both to come back. They are helping to build a program, trying to win a Big East and National Title, playing for their hometown University, and trying to get better for the pros.

The injury per se won't hold Bush back. It's the lack of proof of what he's capable of producing. He was having a breakout game against UK because of his improved conditioning, and looked like a top-5 pick, whereas the consensus before was that he top-20 or so pick. The problem is, he won't be drafted in the top 5 on the basis of one half of football in September. And he's not likely to impress overly so at the combines, he's just not a Workout Warrior kind of player. Bush looks most like the real deal in real game situations.

The only way he makes the kind of draft position he deserves (and the money that goes along with it) is if he comes back and has the kind of season I think he was looking like he would have during the UK game.

Hey, AJ, which is it?

Is Brohm just a good college QB, or is a player worthy of being the first QB taken

(basically a top 5 pick?)

Just wondering, you seem to not be sure.

I said he's a good college quarterback. Definately good enough to go on the first day. No way if he comes out this year is he taken ahead of Brady Quinn and probably not in the first round. I think the injuries and only decent production this year would keep him out of the first round but he would still be taken on the first day. If you notice I said that by coming back he would have a chance to PLAY himself into the first quarterback taken--he has the tools physically and mentally to be great. I just don't think he could be considered great-----YET. Next year could be a different story. :thumb:

I said he's a good college quarterback. Definately good enough to go on the first day. No way if he comes out this year is he taken ahead of Brady Quinn and probably not in the first round. I think the injuries and only decent production this year would keep him out of the first round but he would still be taken on the first day. If you notice I said that by coming back he would have a chance to PLAY himself into the first quarterback taken--he has the tools physically and mentally to be great. I just don't think he could be considered great-----YET. Next year could be a different story. :thumb:
So you think that in reality he's great, it's just that the perception of him that needs to change?

So you think that in reality he's great, it's just that the perception of him that needs to change?

I think he can be great. After watching him get frazzled last night--albeit with a horrible performance from his offensive line--he's got a ways to go before I would call him great. I think he's got the potential for greatness in him, he's just got to reach it. Does that make any sense?