Brohm and Bush

gametime

I think he can be great. After watching him get frazzled last night--albeit with a horrible performance from his offensive line--he's got a ways to go before I would call him great. I think he's got the potential for greatness in him, he's just got to reach it. Does that make any sense?

I've watched Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer look just as bad with protection that poor...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer look just as bad with protection that poor...

He had very, very poor protection. Its hard for anyone to succeed with that poor of protection--he just didn't seem to know how to deal with it and I thought he had bad body language. It is easy to forget that he only has, what did you guys say 15 starts? I think he can be one of the best in the country he's just not quite there yet--although I wouldn't bet against him making that leap if he comes back.

He had very, very poor protection. Its hard for anyone to succeed with that poor of protection--he just didn't seem to know how to deal with it and I thought he had bad body language. It is easy to forget that he only has, what did you guys say 15 starts? I think he can be one of the best in the country he's just not quite there yet--although I wouldn't bet against him making that leap if he comes back.

But I bet the QB from WV doesn't have to hard a time in a few weeks....

If I were either Bush or Brohm, I would cash in. Sure they both made a commitment for a four-year deal, but things change and they need to do what's in their own best interests. Hopefully, they will announce their decision to leave ASAP, so Louisville has plenty of time to find other suitable players who fit the program.

If I were either Bush or Brohm, I would cash in. Sure they both made a commitment for a four-year deal, but things change and they need to do what's in their own best interests. Hopefully, they will announce their decision to leave ASAP, so Louisville has plenty of time to find other suitable players who fit the program.

UL has a nice back up QB waiting in the wings of Brohm.

I can't think of any reason for Michael Bush to stay. I don't think his "draft status" is going to suffer greatly by his injury. More and more NFL teams are gambling on players with college injuries, if their experts beleive the player will recover nicely. Antonio Cromartie from Florida State (San Diego) is the most recent that comes to mind. He may not be a Top 10, but he is probably a low-first round, and certainly a second round choice, and the money's going to be close. The NFL seems to be shifting its focus back to the big-back mold, and Bush fits the bill. Plus, he can catch out of the backfield, and throw a pass. That versatility is good for a slide up a couple of draft positions. I also think there is more of a need in the NFL for RB's.

Bush also has given everything he has, sacraficially, to U of L, and then some. I don't think he owes them anything or should have any regrets about leaving. I would take the $ and run.

Brohm is not ready to play in the NFL. I would come back if I were him. That's about as simple as I can put it.

Bush also has given everything he has, sacraficially, to U of L, and then some. I don't think he owes them anything or should have any regrets about leaving. I would take the $ and run.

I'm selfish and really want him to come back, but you are 100% correct.

I'm hearing from Scout.com that Urrutia is "gone for sure" after this year. They said they spoke to several sources in the UL locker room and that Brohm and Bush both have a better chance of coming back then he does. Thought that was kind of interesting, but I can definitley see Mario heading to the draft and really improving his stock at the combines.

I'm hearing from Scout.com that Urrutia is "gone for sure" after this year. They said they spoke to several sources in the UL locker room and that Brohm and Bush both have a better chance of coming back then he does. Thought that was kind of interesting, but I can definitley see Mario heading to the draft and really improving his stock at the combines.

I think Mario has to come to play EVERY game to be able to be a real top pick.