Lexington Legends host "Millennial Night."

Hellcats

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. What generation didn't get made fun of by the older generation? I sure do remember it when I was younger. Never took any of it to heart. In fact, I used to get a kick out of it, they'd "insult" us, we would "insult" them. No one was upset or upright about it.

And the older you get, the tougher your childhood was. Man, did I have it tough. We didn’t have caller id, internet or cell phones. We had to go to the library or use an encyclopedia. We stole music the old fashioned way, at the record store. And I was the tv remote. “Go change the channel to 12”. I had it rough. This new generation is all soft because of this. Lol

I decided a little while ago that if people can choose what gender they identify with, then I can choose what generation I identify with.

So 32 I may be, millennial I am not.

Well isn’t that kind of a millennial way of thinking and justification? LOL

Millennials - I'm saddened to call myself one. Yet by definition I am one.

Hey Zeus people - just relax and laugh

It’s funny, I’ve never really looked at millennials as being a negative. Just a different way of thinking. As a parent and interacting with people at work it all takes a little understanding on how to deal with the younger generation. Much like dealing with the dinosaurs that are still left in my company.

Can’t we all just get along?

I don't understand UKM or Deuce what your beefs are unless you see truth in it. I'm a millenial by most standards I see. But I can be honest. Every generation gets a little softer with technology. I have plenty of friends my age who can't lift a hammer or screw driver , change a tire or build a camp fire. I find all that weird. I never heard so much focus on " feelings" until the last few years. Call me an old soul but when I hear men talking about words hurting their feelings I find it soft. Embrace the fact because of technology our lives are easier than the generation before which in turn does make this generation more soft.

I don't understand UKM or Deuce what your beefs are unless you see truth in it. I'm a millenial by most standards I see. But I can be honest. Every generation gets a little softer with technology. I have plenty of friends my age who can't lift a hammer or screw driver , change a tire or build a camp fire. I find all that weird. I never heard so much focus on " feelings" until the last few years. Call me an old soul but when I hear men talking about words hurting their feelings I find it soft. Embrace the fact because of technology our lives are easier than the generation before which in turn does make this generation more soft.

I don't really have beef or an issue, but any time that you have an event that blatantly makes fun of a whole group of people, whether its their race, sex, or even age...probably not a good idea these days.

I don't have an issue with it. I thought this particular promotion was funny. People can think what they want, but it gets a little old when we have thread, after thread, after thread where old grumpy dudes are constantly complaining about, mocking, and criticizing the generation they raised. The general sentiment among people my parent's age is genuine disgust towards their children's generation. Should we continuously call them out on their apparent failures as parents?

Things are more advanced now, which makes the world different. I don't think different means soft. I can do, or could do (if I chose to), all that stuff you mention. I opt not to. If something breaks, or needs replacing, I'd just assume pay someone to fix it properly. At the end of the day, I value my time more than anything else.

IMO, millennials are every bit as hard working as any other generation. When our generation finds something they're passionate about, or a goal they see worth achieving, there's no stopping them.

IMO, millennials are every bit as hard working as any other generation. When our generation finds something they're passionate about, or a goal they see worth achieving, there's no stopping them.

Sounds like a Dave Ramsey rant. He regularly defends millennials, calling them a very passionate generation.

Sounds like a Dave Ramsey rant. He regularly defends millennials, calling them a very passionate generation.

:lol2: If that's the case, that's probably where I heard it.

But I also think it's on-point. I can only speak for myself and my friends, "millennials", but they're pretty much all in careers and management positions that have quite a few of the older generation underneath them, with the ability to hire & fire, and are the ones that report up and have their names on what goes to the executive level.

:lol2: If that's the case, that's probably where I heard it.

But I also think it's on-point. I can only speak for myself and my friends, "millennials", but they're pretty much all in careers and management positions that have quite a few of the older generation underneath them, with the ability to hire & fire, and are the ones that report up and have their names on what goes to the executive level.

It's no different from when I was young. You just see and hear more because of social media. Add to it that some draw more attention to themselves than what you would have seen back in the sixties and seventies and it seems worse. It really isn't.

I think most of the young generation are hard working like their older generation counterparts. The odd ones get and draw more attention to themselves because of the internet and 24/7 news cycle.

Beef with what? I didn't have a problem with the promotion in the OP.

The only beef I have is with older people constantly trying to throw shade at younger people. I have more technology available than past generations and I guarantee I can outwork any person twice my age throwing shade. The only people who feel it's necessary to hate on younger people are those who are insecure in themselves, for whatever reason.

Why are y'all so afraid to show feelings and emotion?

I do embrace the fact that we have greater technology. That doesn't make us soft, it makes us smarter. :lol2: Just because we utilize the tools available to us now doesn't mean we can't do things how they were done before.