Lexington Legends host "Millennial Night."

Hellcats

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, ask any 20 year old if those traits are admirable. You don't think people make fun of old people for those things. Didn't we have a whole thread making fun of 2C's white sneakers.

I'm 43 and I made fun of those sneakers.

We did... What we didn't do is criticize what kind of person he was or how he was being coddled or spoiled, or how his generation was going to be the downfall because of his footwear.

Teasing is one thing. Trying to discount and ridicule an entire generation because they do things differently is another.

I think this promotion was just teasing. As people pointed out, the promotion was created by millenials. So, I assume they were poking fun of themselves.

I think every generation has a stereotype. And different era’s of the generation have stereotypes. And people will always make fun of the other generation as well as their own.

I think this promotion was just teasing. As people pointed out, the promotion was created by millenials. So, I assume they were poking fun of themselves.

I think every generation has a stereotype. And different era’s of the generation have stereotypes. And people will always make fun of the other generation as well as their own.

Reminds me of when Cov. Latin started embracing the terms and calling themselves geeks or Nerds. And pointed out to the teams that were about to beat them by 50 that one day they will be working for a Cov. Latin grad. LOL

See, I don’t see all of these things as being insulting. I wear dad shoes, carry cash, use napkins, bought snacks for my kids soccer games. Pretty much facts.

Not really insulted by the truth. Seems millennials tend to be irritated by it, so it opens the door for poking fun.

Yep. What generation didn't get made fun of by the older generation? I sure do remember it when I was younger. Never took any of it to heart. In fact, I used to get a kick out of it, they'd "insult" us, we would "insult" them. No one was upset or upright about it.

The stereotypes you just mentioned were frugal, down-to-earth, and common sense: all things that are while a bit nerdy still are admirable.

Contrast that with lazy, spoiled, and over- emotional.

Not exactly the same.

Yeah right, we never heard any of that when we were young... :lol2: Come on, it was constant.

No they’re just starting to enjoy their retirements propped up by the mountain of debt they’ve left for us.

:lol2: I was just getting ready to post almost the same thing.

They're lasting legacy is a seemingly insurmountable pile of unnecessary debt that we'll be left to fix. Thanks a lot old people.

I'll bite. What exactly did they do that millinenals aren't repeating?

I believe the majority of the marketing department for the Legends is made up of college students or fresh graduates. It is hilarious that people get “offended” by this when it’s millenials who probably came up with the idea in the first place.

Exactly