Lexington Legends host "Millennial Night."

Hellcats

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they’re just starting to enjoy their retirements propped up by the mountain of debt they’ve left for us.

:lol2: I was just getting ready to post almost the same thing.

They're lasting legacy is a seemingly insurmountable pile of unnecessary debt that we'll be left to fix. Thanks a lot old people.

I am sure if it was Baby Boomer night and the butthurt was rolling in the opposite directions a lot of you would be laughing at that. Too much seriousness about something so trivial (which apparently knows no age or generational limit anymore).

Go back and re-read all the numerous threads posted on here with the sole intent of insulting, criticizing, or mocking millennials. It just seems like all these hard-working, tough baby-boomers would have better ways to spend their time.

See, I don’t see all of these things as being insulting. I wear dad shoes, carry cash, use napkins, bought snacks for my kids soccer games. Pretty much facts.

Not really insulted by the truth. Seems millennials tend to be irritated by it, so it opens the door for poking fun.

See, I don’t see all of these things as being insulting. I wear dad shoes, carry cash, use napkins, bought snacks for my kids soccer games. Pretty much facts.

Not really insulted by the truth. Seems millennials tend to be irritated by it, so it opens the door for poking fun.

The stereotypes you just mentioned were frugal, down-to-earth, and common sense: all things that are while a bit nerdy still are admirable.

Contrast that with lazy, spoiled, and over- emotional.

Not exactly the same.

FYI: According to the NYT, the millennial generation begins in the early 1980s and runs through the early 2000s. The millennial generation will be the most educated generation.

I hope I didn’t inform any BGPers of their millennial status :lol2:

The stereotypes you just mentioned were frugal, down-to-earth, and common sense: all things that are while a bit nerdy still are admirable.

Contrast that with lazy, spoiled, and over- emotional.

Not exactly the same.

Really, ask any 20 year old if those traits are admirable. You don't think people make fun of old people for those things. Didn't we have a whole thread making fun of 2C's white sneakers.

I believe the majority of the marketing department for the Legends is made up of college students or fresh graduates. It is hilarious that people get “offended” by this when it’s millenials who probably came up with the idea in the first place.

Agreed, I bet a lot of folks don't realize what age range makes up millennials currently either, because it's not just teens and early twenties.

Really, ask any 20 year old if those traits are admirable. You don't think people make fun of old people for those things. Didn't we have a whole thread making fun of 2C's white sneakers.

We did... What we didn't do is criticize what kind of person he was or how he was being coddled or spoiled, or how his generation was going to be the downfall because of his footwear.

Teasing is one thing. Trying to discount and ridicule an entire generation because they do things differently is another.

My feelings are hurt! You guys are making fun of me for being old!