Racial Profiling In Philadelphia?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently someone thought that at least one employee of the establishment was in the wrong. I can't imagine a national chain closing thousands of stores for an entire day for "sensitivity training" without cause.

Is your issue actually with Starbucks or the person who refused to let them use the bathroom and asked them to leave and called the cops?

The people who made a scene when there shouldn’t have been one. Starbucks has handled this how they should, IMO.

I'm not blaming the cops. My issue is with Starbucks, for sure.

However, I do think it's absurd to arrest someone in this particular situation.

From what i read, police talked to them for 10 minutes and contacted a supervisor before arresting them.

How do you know how it has been enforced?

How do you know that people there haven't been asked to leave?

I think these are some of the questions that Starbucks are asking of themselves. Hence the training.

I just read that even the white employee who called 911 now recognizes that perhaps the call should not have been made.

I just read that even the white employee who called 911 now recognizes that perhaps the call should not have been made.

What do you think that means?

Does that mean anyone can use Starbucks space/resources without making a purchase?

What do you think that means?

Does that mean anyone can use Starbucks space/resources without making a purchase?

Maybe she wants to address her implicit bias, promote conscious inclusion, prevent discrimination and ensure everyone inside a Starbucks store feels safe and welcome.

And most people I know already do this on occassion.... lol

Maybe she wants to address her implicit bias, promote conscious inclusion, prevent discrimination and ensure everyone inside a Starbucks store feels safe and welcome.

And most people I know already do this on occassion.... lol

Or maybe she has no idea what to do because she gets mixed messages from the Starbucks powers that be and she knows the application of the no purchase, no service policy is inconsistent so she is saying I have no clue what I am supposed to do.

Or maybe she has no idea what to do because she gets mixed messages from the Starbucks powers that be and she knows the application of the no purchase, no service policy is inconsistent so she is saying I have no clue what I am supposed to do.

You could be correct. However, it still comes down to how it's enforced - consistently or selectively?

You could be correct. However, it still comes down to how it's enforced - consistently or selectively?

Right, the training should consist of a clearly defined policy regarding non-paying customers that must be followed.