If Kaepernick Had Punched....

To win his case I guess all he needs is

1. A copy of the emails between owners

2. Get someone on the No Kap conference call to tell the truth under oath

Or

3. Get anyone in the room when it was discussed between all the owners to testify under oath that the owners all decided this.

There are way too many people around the owners (Assistants, G.M.s or others) that if they colluded to keep him out, someone didn't hear it. Perjury is a strong motivation to tell the truth also...if they collude it will come out.

If the 10 or so owners that could have used a QB, decided on thier own, taking him was a bad business decision for thier team...that's not collusion. It's a business decision.

Exactly. Many people are misconstruing "collusion" with what you describe in your last paragraph. And trying to build a case on "Quarterback X got injured and Quarterback Y was signed over Kaep" is not evidence of collusion. Texts, emails, statements, etc. are. One would think an NFL owner would not leave that type of trail, but NFL owners aren't always the brightest.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To win his case I guess all he needs is

1. A copy of the emails between owners

2. Get someone on the No Kap conference call to tell the truth under oath

Or

3. Get anyone in the room when it was discussed between all the owners to testify under oath that the owners all decided this.

There are way too many people around the owners (Assistants, G.M.s or others) that if they colluded to keep him out, someone didn't hear it. Perjury is a strong motivation to tell the truth also...if they collude it will come out.

If the 10 or so owners that could have used a QB, decided on thier own, taking him was a bad business decision for thier team...that's not collusion. It's a business decision.

I feel like this is a naive train of thought. I think they absolutely colluded to keep him out but it is going to be impossible for Kaepernick to prove it. In America it is damn near impossible for an employee to win a lawsuit against their employer without stone cold proof and I don’t feel that Kaepernick has enough stone cold truth to win this lawsuit. It’s never about what you know. It’s about what you can prove.

I’ll also ask that from now on when someone complains about how the Rooney Rule is stupid or that affirmative action is stupid can we now say that those are business decisions also?

I feel like this is a naive train of thought. I think they absolutely colluded to keep him out but it is going to be impossible for Kaepernick to prove it. In America it is damn near impossible for an employee to win a lawsuit against their employer without stone cold proof and I don’t feel that Kaepernick has enough stone cold truth to win this lawsuit. It’s never about what you know. It’s about what you can prove.

I’ll also ask that from now on when someone complains about how the Rooney Rule is stupid or that affirmative action is stupid can we now say that those are business decisions also?

You think they colluded and they very well may have. Do you think there was a Kap conference call where it was decided or a mass email from the league offices telling teams to stay away from him? For it to legally be collusion either all the owners had to decide it as a group or the league had to direct it. It had to be communicated somehow, there is the smoking gun that subpoenas can track down.

I guess it's easy to look at the owners and league as being the bad guy, maybe they are. It actually COULD be that the handful of owners that needed a QB just decided they didn't want to be in business with him, just didn't want the negative attention brought to their team.

The Rooney Rule and Affirmative Action are completely different...this is all about one player and his actions and whether teams want to be in business with him or not. FWIW I think there are a few teams and owners strong enough to have signed Kap but they already have QBs. The Patriots would sign him in a second if they thought he could help them and I think the Cowboys would have also.

You think they colluded and they very well may have. Do you think there was a Kap conference call where it was decided or a mass email from the league offices telling teams to stay away from him? For it to legally be collusion either all the owners had to decide it as a group or the league had to direct it. It had to be communicated somehow, there is the smoking gun that subpoenas can track down.

I guess it's easy to look at the owners and league as being the bad guy, maybe they are. It actually COULD be that the handful of owners that needed a QB just decided they didn't want to be in business with him, just didn't want the negative attention brought to their team.

The Rooney Rule and Affirmative Action are completely different...this is all about one player and his actions and whether teams want to be in business with him or not. FWIW I think there are a few teams and owners strong enough to have signed Kap but they already have QBs. The Patriots would sign him in a second if they thought he could help them and I think the Cowboys would have also.

I think the owners were smart enough to not have anything other than face to face communication about Kap. Calling it a business decision when we all watched QBs way way way way way worse than Kap get signed insults our intelligence. As I said, I think it will be impossible to prove they did anything in concert as a group. That’s why I think they will easily win this case.

Just out of curiosity do you think Donald Sterling is the only owner of a professional sports team who has ever said the n-word or is he the only one who has ever been caught on tape saying it?

Jerry Jones was not signing Kap and neither was Bob Kraft. Come on, now. :lol2:

How are the Rooney Rule and Affirmative Action different? Why would they not be considered business decisions? How is it okay for owners to say not signing Kap is a business decision but the Rooney Rule and Affirmative Action isn’t? The people who complain about it say that more qualified people lose out on jobs as a result. Doesn’t the same thing apply to Kap?

I think the owners were smart enough to not have anything other than face to face communication about Kap. Calling it a business decision when we all watched QBs way way way way way worse than Kap get signed insults our intelligence. As I said, I think it will be impossible to prove they did anything in concert as a group. That’s why I think they will easily win this case.

Just out of curiosity do you think Donald Sterling is the only owner of a professional sports team who has ever said the n-word or is he the only one who has ever been caught on tape saying it?

Jerry Jones was not signing Kap and neither was Bob Kraft. Come on, now. :lol2:

How are the Rooney Rule and Affirmative Action different? Why would they not be considered business decisions? How is it okay for owners to say not signing Kap is a business decision but the Rooney Rule and Affirmative Action isn’t? The people who complain about it say that more qualified people lose out on jobs as a result. Doesn’t the same thing apply to Kap?

You give the owners more credit than I do, they are smart people but they also feel as billionaires they think can say or do what ever they want. I just don't see them being smart enough to be this secretive that someone outside the circle of owners wouldn't have read or overheard thise conversations if they were had.

I think most people have said something they'd prefer was never heard by others...so yeah Sterling isn't the only one and he won't be the last over heard saying it either unfortunately.

I think if Kap could have helped Bob Kraft would have absolutely signed him, if for no other reason than to flip a finger to the rest of the NFL and Goodell.

People lose out to more quailified people every day and it's not just in the cases of Affirmative Action.

He does support America. He’s just trying to make it great for everyone.

How does promoting Che Guevara and Fidel Castro do that? If someone else had wore a t-shirt with a picture of a grand master of the KKK, or someone like P.W. Botha...would they be given a free pass on that?

For the record, I have changed my mind on Kaepernick using the kneeling as a protest. That's fine, with me. (I don't know if it's what I would've done, but I understand those that have.) But, for someone who's supposed to be for "better rights for all", endorsing someone like Guevara and Castro, shows me there's a deep disconnect with his logic. He may look at himself as a sort of rebel...but come on, man. Add in the pig socks, and he's totally lost all support from me.

I will take 10,000 Malcolm Jenkins over a single Colin Kaepernick. One is looking to actually accomplish something, while the other seems content to be viewed as a martyr.

I support those who defend us at home and abroad. You are entitled to you views as well. I am also against the active war on police.

I support those who defend us at home and abroad. I also am against any war on the police. I’m also against the centuries old was against blacks. Hell, I’m pretty much against all war period. I’m also against Americans hating other Americans for silly reasons.

How does promoting Che Guevara and Fidel Castro do that? If someone else had wore a t-shirt with a picture of a grand master of the KKK, or someone like P.W. Botha...would they be given a free pass on that?

For the record, I have changed my mind on Kaepernick using the kneeling as a protest. That's fine, with me. (I don't know if it's what I would've done, but I understand those that have.) But, for someone who's supposed to be for "better rights for all", endorsing someone like Guevara and Castro, shows me there's a deep disconnect with his logic. He may look at himself as a sort of rebel...but come on, man. Add in the pig socks, and he's totally lost all support from me.

I will take 10,000 Malcolm Jenkins over a single Colin Kaepernick. One is looking to actually accomplish something, while the other seems content to be viewed as a martyr.

Fidel Castro was an ally to the plight of blacks in the 1960s. He provided safe haven for black Americans who many felt were framed by the government and he sent 25,000 Cuban troops to fight in Angola in a war in South Africa against apartheid. Che Guevara was his second in command. When Castro was kicked out of a hotel in Manhattan he went to Harlem and stayed in a hotel there and enjoyed the black community in Harlem. That is why those two got love and get love from many in the Black community.

We watch people get love from people with connections to the KKK everyday. Just because they don’t wear t-shirt professing that love doesn’t mean that love doesn’t exist from those in high places.

I’m still not sure what to make of Malcolm Jenkins.