Prediction: District Alignments

gchs_uk9

Agreed. Middlesboro is in a bind on this. They are third in line to move down to 1A but none of the 1A teams are going to move up so Middlesboro will have to stay in 2A. Keeping that in mind, the average time travel from Middlesboro to their current district opponents is 2:08, admittedly a long time. However, if you moved them east with Breathitt, East Ridge, Knott, Leslie, and Shelby Valley, the average time travel is 2:09, one minute longer than as is. And even if you got rid of the Pike County schools and made a district of Breathitt, Knott, Leslie, and Middlesboro, the average time travel is 1:58.

In a nutshell, it is a long way from Middlesboro to everywhere in 2A.

I was told by someone who works in the Middlesboro system that they will probably drop out of district play if they remain in the same district.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Middlesboro is in a bind on this. They are third in line to move down to 1A but none of the 1A teams are going to move up so Middlesboro will have to stay in 2A. Keeping that in mind, the average time travel from Middlesboro to their current district opponents is 2:08, admittedly a long time. However, if you moved them east with Breathitt, East Ridge, Knott, Leslie, and Shelby Valley, the average time travel is 2:09, one minute longer than as is. And even if you got rid of the Pike County schools and made a district of Breathitt, Knott, Leslie, and Middlesboro, the average time travel is 1:58.

In a nutshell, it is a long way from Middlesboro to everywhere in 2A.

I agree, they are stuck so long as they stay in 2A. That's why I think 1A, both geographically and competitively, is the best place for them. Not saying that it is likely to happen but that's the best result Middlesboro could hope for IMO.

I agree, they are stuck so long as they stay in 2A. That's why I think 1A, both geographically and competitively, is the best place for them. Not saying that it is likely to happen but that's the best result Middlesboro could hope for IMO.

Odd thought, but would going to 3A to a district with Bell, Casey, Jackson, and McCreary make sense?

There looks like a mistake in Covington Holy Cross numbers. Their four year numbers are 203, 199, 189, 349. So their male enrollment is trending down but then jumped all the way to 349 this year? They probably are still in 2A with the correct number, but they would be close to the 1A/2A line.

That is an awful big jump. I wonder if that is correct?

There looks like a mistake in Covington Holy Cross numbers. Their four year numbers are 203, 199, 189, 349. So their male enrollment is trending down but then jumped all the way to 349 this year? They probably are still in 2A with the correct number, but they would be close to the 1A/2A line.

It isn't wrong. They doubled the enrollment for Holy Cross for some reason. I had a thread about this a couple weeks ago and thought they'd fixed it (there were nine mistakes - I even emailed Tackett about it!). I guess not. It would be nice if they'd put out accurate documents.

It isn't wrong. They doubled the enrollment for Holy Cross for some reason. I had a thread about this a couple weeks ago and thought they'd fixed it (there were nine mistakes - I even emailed Tackett about it!). I guess not. It would be nice if they'd put out accurate documents.

It is wrong unless HC became an all boys school. This enrollment report http://khsaa.org/reports/enrollments/20172018schoolenrollmenttotalsbyalpha.pdf shows HC with 349 boys and 0 girls. The KHSAA is using numbers reported to the state. If a school makes an error in reporting, the KHSAA doesn’t know that. It is up to the schools to provide accurate information.

It is wrong unless HC became an all boys school. This enrollment report http://khsaa.org/reports/enrollments/20172018schoolenrollmenttotalsbyalpha.pdf shows HC with 349 boys and 0 girls. The KHSAA is using numbers reported to the state. If a school makes an error in reporting, the KHSAA doesn’t know that. It is up to the schools to provide accurate information.

Horrible typo on my part. Meant to say it IS wrong. I hate posting from my phone.

Points of interest:

-In Class 3A, Pendleton County was almost impossible to place. Using this Time Calculator showed that it is one minute shorter on average from Falmouth to the schools in District 4 than those in District 7. Therefore Pendleton is shifted more toward central Kentucky.

If those of us associated with PC could add our input, we would travel up and down the AA each week vs traveling to the others is Proposed District 4. We can be at Mason in 45 min, Lewis in 65, and Fleming in 75-80. Rather travel that way and compete with schools that are more like us.

With that being said, we are on an island up in NKY. No 3A teams up here. We are impossible to place in that class and we CANNOT play up to make travel easier. At least not right now.

Just trying to give a solution, move Souhrhern down to 5A and let one of the West 5A play up.

Alleviates a 6 team western district in 6A and odd districts in Lville area. Geography is messed up when Owensboro schools travel almost 3 hours to Paducah for a district game.

Here is another point to ponder, do some schools petition to play closer to home with the Governor slashing transportation budgets by 60%? Interesting plot twist

[/u][/b]

This, every word of it. Will impact MANY public schools.

The KHSAA surely has to take this into consideration.

The only meaningful action to this is....

Reduce the number of classes.

More classes = more travel.