Prediction: District Alignments

gchs_uk9

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With petitions being made... Care to update your predictions? lol

I'd better not, especially after the commissioner sent the email around to the schools saying "Regardless of what you might read on social media or various chat rooms authored by people who have apparently more free time on their hands than others, there is no published DRAFT alignment of teams." I'd hate to waste any more time! :lol2:

I hope Bracken County doesn't move up to 2A. But if they due I hope it's with WV, Gallatin etc.

I'm afraid if Bracken does indeed move up to 2A they will be with Beechwood, Holy Cross and Lloyd. It may hinge on where Newport is placed.

I'm afraid if Bracken does indeed move up to 2A they will be with Beechwood, Holy Cross and Lloyd. It may hinge on where Newport is placed.

Newport is pretty squarely in 2A (5th smallest school). I think the three smallest schools in the original document have the option of playing down IF a school in a lower class chooses to play up. I can't imagine any situation where a 1A schools chooses to play up in 2A, and if so, Newport would be too far up the list to have an option of playing down.

A really interesting thing to watch is if any schools in 1A (Eminence, Jenkins, Berea) choose to stay out of district play and if the KHSAA drops teams down to 1A to make an even 32. That could keep Bracken County in the smallest class. We shall see.

Just scoreboard watching, but would it make since for Eminence to try to play in the 2A district with Gallatin, Trimble, Owen, Carroll and Walton Verona. They could have possibly hosted a playoff game in they were in that district this past season.

Just scoreboard watching, but would it make since for Eminence to try to play in the 2A district with Gallatin, Trimble, Owen, Carroll and Walton Verona. They could have possibly hosted a playoff game in they were in that district this past season.

They been non-district more often than not over the years and I doubt that changes, especially not to play up.