31 Players Suspended after Miami/FIU Brawl

TheDeuce

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to know the worst thing about this? I was listening to Dan Patrick and he said that the local police has a "Join a Team, Not a Gang" program for young kids. They buy tickets to sporting events for kids and parents who are in need to help those kids to stay away from gangs. Yes, they were at this game. :irked:

Ironic isn't it.

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/genrel/101406aaa.html

Hope the kids learned a valuable lesson.

I just laugh at this... Marcus Vick stomps someone's ankle and gets the boot... Miami...Kicks, slams, punches, haymaker with a helmet, and stomps and the get one game...:lol: it just gets me...
Makes one wonder, if the punishment was just.

Here's something to ponder, if this happened off the field, say in the stands would some of the players be charged with assault. Will some be charged with assault anyway.

Every young person makes mistakes, but using helmets, kicking, and stepping on a person, crosses the line....No tolerance on either side.

Hasn't FIU released some players and if so, Miami would certainly be just in doing the same.

Makes one wonder, if the punishment was just.

Here's something to ponder, if this happened off the field, say in the stands would some of the players be charged with assault. Will some be charged with assault anyway.

Every young person makes mistakes, but using helmets, kicking, and stepping on a person, crosses the line....No tolerance on either side.

Hasn't FIU released some players and if so, Miami would certainly be just in doing the same.

Isn't using a weapon a felony charge.:confused:

Isn't using a weapon a felony charge.:confused:
Not sure how a helmet, would be referred to as HHB. What disturbs me, every time I watch the video or differing angles, there is something new I see.

I will add, I saw several players and coaches on both side, give the appearance they were trying to stop the melee.

The announcers comments, were equally wrong as well. Sad day for both schools and college football, is too great a product for this to happen.

Not sure how a helmet, would be referred to as HHB. What disturbs me, every time I watch the video or differing angles, there is something new I see.

I will add, I saw several players and coaches on both side, give the appearance they were trying to stop the melee.

The announcers comments, were equally wrong as well. Sad day for both schools and college football, is too great a product for this to happen.

I'm pretty sure he was using it as a weapon, he threw a Sledge hammer Haymaker like he was playing Fight night round 3.

The other announcer should have told him that, that was uncalled for...

I'm pretty sure he was using it as a weapon, he threw a Sledge hammer Haymaker like he was playing Fight night round 3.

The other announcer should have told him that, that was uncalled for...

I agree, he certainly was using his helmet in that manner, I meant not sure how the law would consider it, as a weapon.

Incidents like this, can't happen, be tolerated and must set an example with consequences.