31 Players Suspended after Miami/FIU Brawl

TheDeuce

Shalala, U of Miami President, was on Mike and Mike this morning and she contradicted herself and then she had to recount what she meant. She told the Mikes that ""We" watched the tape frame by frame and then made the decision on who and how much to suspend and put on probation." But yesterday she stated that the athletic departmen watched the tape and that she was there live at the game and didn't want to watch the tape because she was too mad. She never looked at the tape.

OK, this is going to bring a lot of debate. She also said that the NCAA brought down the suspensions and that Miami put on the probabtion. Could they have done more? Sure. Florida International did. There's a such a thing as the Board of Directors that she, the president, will have to face eventually. Time will tell if she will be held accountable for this mess or not.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shalala, U of Miami President, was on Mike and Mike this morning and she contradicted herself and then she had to recount what she meant. She told the Mikes that ""We" watched the tape frame by frame and then made the decision on who and how much to suspend and put on probation." But yesterday she stated that the athletic department watched the tape and that she was there live at the game and didn't want to watch the tape because she was too mad. She never looked at the tape.

OK, this is going to bring a lot of debate. She also said that the NCAA brought down the suspensions and that Miami put on the probation. Could they have done more? Sure. Florida International did. There's a such a thing as the Board of Directors that she, the president, will have to face eventually. Time will tell if she will be held accountable for this mess or not.

Any thoughts?

If all these contradictions are true, who watched, who didn't, who suspended who and for how long....sounds like romper-room to me, instead of an NCAA institution.

If all these contradictions are true, who watched, who didn't, who suspended who and for how long....sounds like romper-room to me, instead of an NCAA institution.

Exactly. I believe that she even went as far as putting up for Miami's players by stating that FIU started the fight. And Golic told her that still doesn't make it right for any player to throw a helmet or stomp on the opposing player. She was kind of taken aback from that. I believe that she thought that she was going to be on the show to defend her side and those two guys would be OK, sounds good. She thought wrong.

Didn't Miami have a run in with LSU last year at the Peach Bowl?

I can't find the link but yesterday's C-J article stated that this is the 3rd time this year that Miami has had some form of an altercation with the opposing team.....

Hey Coker you must be SO proud!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
I'v only posted about Pikeville college 1 time. And that was a year ago about having a rapist on the team. Totally different thing. It was fun to watch so what? I dont know these guys I dont have kids it doesnt matter to me what they do.

If you did have kids you may rethink your belief. Whether anyone knew anybody or not this kind of stuff is not needed in college athletics (or any athletic event for that matter) There are enough problems in college athletics and we certainly do not need to add a thug atmosphere into the picture.