Open Job: Newport

NKY-Sub

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry Brown is currently the defensive coordinator at Covington Catholic. He has previous head coaching experience. He's also a Newport Catholic grad so he has Newport roots....Brown may be an option after leading one of the best defensive teams in the state of Kentucky.

Terry Brown is currently the defensive coordinator at Covington Catholic. He has previous head coaching experience. He's also a Newport Catholic grad so he has Newport roots....Brown may be an option after leading one of the best defensive teams in the state of Kentucky.

Is it something he is interested in or are you just throwing out a name of someone they should consider?

Coach Brown seems pretty content at CCH. It would take a far better opportunity in my opinion. Newport is a tough job anymore.

Coach Brown seems pretty content at CCH. It would take a far better opportunity in my opinion. Newport is a tough job anymore.

Agreed, for whatever reason it seems as though they have difficulty attracting kids to the program. I didn't get a chance to see Newport play this year, but heard they had less than 30 on the roster....not sure if freshmen were included or not. Hate to see that from a once proud program.

Where is Nick Partin? I know he got into coaching. He was a tough son of a gun and very good player. We got a kick out of him trash talking our sideline when he played corner at Newport. Those were fun games between Mason County & Newport!

I will always be a fan of Newport HS football. I hope they can find them a guy that can make it work.

Where is Nick Partin? I know he got into coaching. He was a tough son of a gun and very good player. We got a kick out of him trash talking our sideline when he played corner at Newport. Those were fun games between Mason County & Newport!

I will always be a fan of Newport HS football. I hope they can find them a guy that can make it work.

Has had been coaching SK running backs for several seasons. This was his first season not. Believe him and his wife have two kids and wanted to be able to spend more time with his family. He is a Jr high teacher......could possibly be lured back "home " to rebuild the program.

I agree that coaching turnover is hurting the program. I think Nick Partin would be a good hire for the program. Schmitz would be a good rehire since he was very successful while there. Would the district consider making Coach McDay (don't know his first name) a head coach. I believe he coaches the Jr. High or Freshman team and from my understanding is loved by the administration and the community