UCLA Men’s Basketball Players Arrested

SnottieDrippen

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's extremely unfair. I can't stand Lavar as much as the next guy, but this is not an indication in any way shape or form of Lavar's parenting.

Why isn't it? My kids know have been taught not to steal at an early age. Why would a wealthy kid steal if he had learned at an early age not to? I'll wait and see Lavar's response, but I expect it will be to defend his son, which would go along with my theory.

Why isn't it? My kids know have been taught not to steal at an early age. Why would a wealthy kid steal if he had learned at an early age not to? I'll wait and see Lavar's response, but I expect it will be to defend his son, which would go along with my theory.

My parents taught me not to steal but it didn't stop me for doing it (and getting caught, and getting the beating of my life). Kids do stupid stuff, especially when they are in groups.

My parents taught me not to steal but it didn't stop me for doing it (and getting caught, and getting the beating of my life). Kids do stupid stuff, especially when they are in groups.

Two questions to that though, how old were you and were you wealthy enough that you drove a Ferrari?

Two questions to that though, how old were you and were you wealthy enough that you drove a Ferrari?

How much money someone has usually doesn't matter. In fact I think many steal not because they need to, but just cause they want to and think they can. In fact I think a lot of people with nicer things are probably more fearless and don't think they would ever get caught or in trouble.

So everyone who's ever shoplifted in their life was raised by a bad parent? Such a slippery slope to go down. Lavar is a jerk, but by all accounts he is a great dad and his kids love him. This is the first account of any of them doing anything regarding breaking the law. In no way does this make Lavar a bad parent.

How much money someone has usually doesn't matter. In fact I think many steal not because they need to, but just cause they want to and think they can. In fact I think a lot of people with nicer things are probably more fearless and don't think they would ever get caught or in trouble.

That's a weird philosophy, but I suppose it could be true.

So everyone who's ever shoplifted in their life was raised by a bad parent? Such a slippery slope to go down. Lavar is a jerk, but by all accounts he is a great dad and his kids love him. This is the first account of any of them doing anything regarding breaking the law. In no way does this make Lavar a bad parent.

I never said that, some people shoplift food because they really need food. Some people may shoplift because they are poor and need clothing etc. Others shoplift because they're addicted to drugs and sell what they stole to buy drugs. None of which is right, but those are completely different scenario's than this.

But it becomes a little different when the people shoplifting have plenty of money and would never need to steal. Then it becomes even more of a character issue, or even an entitlement issue. IMO, how people are raised has a lot to do with their overall character.

Like I said earlier, I'll be interested to hear Lavar's response to this, that will tell a lot.

I never said that, some people shoplift food because they really need food. Some people may shoplift because they are poor and need clothing etc. Others shoplift because they're addicted to drugs and sell what they stole to buy drugs. None of which is right.

But it becomes a little different when the people shoplifting have plenty of money and would never need to steal. Then it becomes even more of a character issue, or even an entitlement issue. IMO, how people are raised has a lot to do with their overall character.

Peer pressure is a hell of a drug...

That's a weird philosophy, but I suppose it could be true.
I was in college recently. The wealthy kids shoplifted way more than the poor kids I was in school with. Basically for the same reasons fc said. They feel they are invincible. Something that has nothing to do with their parents and more to do with how society treats them because they are wealthy.

Peer pressure is a hell of a drug...

He should have just told the other kids that he would buy whatever they were wanting to steal for them to save them all time in a Communist judicial system. I know kids make mistakes, but this one is simply idiotic.