Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UCLA Men’s Basketball Players Arrested

Featured Replies

He should have just told the other kids that he would buy whatever they were wanting to steal for them to save them all time in a Communist judicial system. I know kids make mistakes, but this one is simply idiotic.

I don't think anyone doubts it was idiotic. Wealthy kids don't steal because they don't want to pay, they steal because they believe they'll get away with it and it's the adrenaline rush they get from it. I just think I'm having a hard time rationalizing how this is a reflection of Lavars parenting skills.

  • Replies 190
  • Views 26.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was in college recently. The wealthy kids shoplifted way more than the poor kids I was in school with. Basically for the same reasons fc said. They feel they are invincible. Something that has nothing to do with their parents and more to do with how society treats them because they are wealthy.

 

China is a different animal than the USA when it comes to theft. IMO he will still make it out of this better off than if a Chinese citizen had done the same thing though. He will probably spend a week or so in jail waiting on court and then they will release him under the condition that he leaves and does not come back.

I don't think anyone doubts it was idiotic. Wealthy kids don't steal because they don't want to pay, they steal because they believe they'll get away with it and it's the adrenaline rush they get from it. I just think I'm having a hard time rationalizing how this is a reflection of Lavars parenting skills.

 

I dunno, I know plenty of wealthy people and have never known any of them wanting to steal, just for the adrenaline rush. Different folks, different strokes I guess.

I dunno, I know plenty of wealthy people and have never known any of them wanting to steal, just for the adrenaline rush. Different folks, different strokes I guess.

I never said all wealthy people enjoy stealing. I'm just trying to give you a peak into the mind of what liangelo and the other players were thinking.

China is a different animal than the USA when it comes to theft. IMO he will still make it out of this better off than if a Chinese citizen had done the same thing though. He will probably spend a week or so in jail waiting on court and then they will release him under the condition that he leaves and does not come back.
I highly doubt when they stole they were thinking about the Chinese judicial system.
I never said all wealthy people enjoy stealing. I'm just trying to give you a peak into the mind of what liangelo and the other players were thinking.

 

Now you know what they were thinking? :ohbrother:

Two questions to that though, how old were you and were you wealthy enough that you drove a Ferrari?

Old enough to know better.

I highly doubt when they stole they were thinking about the Chinese judicial system.

 

I certainly think about things like that anytime I leave the Country even though I don't plan on doing anything wrong. It's always nice to know the laws before you even carry an open beer around if you're somewhere foreign.

Old enough to know better.

 

Shame on you! I bet you didn't drive a Ferrari to the store though..

Now you know what they were thinking? :ohbrother:

Educated guess.

I certainly think about things like that anytime I leave the Country even though I don't plan on doing anything wrong. It's always nice to know the laws before you even carry an open beer around if you're somewhere foreign.

When you were 18 years old?

When you were 18 years old?

 

The only other Country I visited prior to 20 years old was Mexico. But yes, I did know that 18 years old I was allowed to drink there.

The only other Country I visited prior to 20 years old was Mexico. But yes, I did know that 18 years old I was allowed to drink there.

But were you thinking about the difference in the severity of consequences if you were caught shoplifting in Mexico vs at home? I definitely took full advantage of the legal drinking age in Europe being able to see over the bar to order, but not once did I think about the legal consequences if I broke the law.

I dunno, I know plenty of wealthy people and have never known any of them wanting to steal, just for the adrenaline rush. Different folks, different strokes I guess.

 

Winona Ryder is holding on line #1.

If the story is true, I don't care who the parents are, how much money the have or don't have, what car or bicycle they ride, stealing is wrong no matter where you are and they have to deal with the punishment/consequences. Simple as that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.